Premed 101 Forums

CANADA - Premiers, territorial leaders agree to medicare study

Lunasly

An interesting article I saw today. I quickly skimmed it and what I got from it is that they looking to see if we can expand the roles of certain health providers to promote innovation. They also mention that doctors are in competition over pay and thus if one province increases wages then another province is forced to follow suit. As a result, I think they want to end this competition so that it doesn't cost the government so much.

What do you all think of this and what do you think it will bring to this country.

An interesting article I saw today. I quickly skimmed it and what I got from it is that they looking to see if we can expand the roles of certain health providers to promote innovation. They also mention that doctors are in competition over pay and thus if one province increases wages then another province is forced to follow suit. As a result, I think they want to end this competition so that it doesn't cost the government so much.

What do you all think of this and what do you think it will bring to this country.

Curious where they're getting their $130B figure.

From CIHI:

Total health expenditure in Canada, in current dollars,was $182.1 billion in

2009, and is forecast to have reached $192.9 billion in 2010 and $200.5

billion in 2011.

Curious where they're getting their $130B figure.

From CIHI:

Total health expenditure in Canada, in current dollars,was $182.1 billion in

2009, and is forecast to have reached $192.9 billion in 2010 and $200.5

billion in 2011.

about 30% is private? Is that the difference?

Archived