Premed 101 Forums

Ontario acceptances

Guest bullets

Guest bullets

Hey peoples waiting for those Ontario acceptances. Hope you all get good news from schools you interviewed at. Does anyone know which schools may potentially give your status on the 31st of May via telephone.

Good luck and hope to see you guys in the fall!

bullets

Guest RAK2001

From what I've heard, NO school in Ontario will give you a phone response/answer. Looks like we'll just have to wait it out... Drink to celebrate or drink to drown out the sorrows ;)

Later

Guest volker

OHMYGOD, received my acceptance from Ottawa U. today, I am soo happy. Hope everyone gets the news that they are hoping for. Great summer to all.

Cheers.

Guest Volker

Hi UBCMeds2005 and Ian,

Thanks for the congrats (this will be a great weekend)! I live in Ottawa, in fact, from my house I can see the med school!

Ciao.

Guest Volker

My stats aren't too stellar....

First two years of undergrad were horrible (family crisis) so I only got a B average (works out to a 3.0/4.0 on OMSAS scale). Did an extra year of undergrad to compensate. Final 3 years work out to 3.7, 3.79, 3.9 giving me a 3.82 adjusted GPA on the Ottawa U scale. Ottawa U. doesn't require MCATs, but if you are interested 9V, 10P, 12B, Q (I think). Ton of extracurricular - lots of volunteer work (varying kinds-none in a hospital though), couple of publications, couple of Abstracts, etc., and I guess a really solid interview. Applied to Ottawa and Western, interviewed and accepted to Ottawa.

hi guys:

I am in vancouver and have still not heard from UT; does anyone know if rejections were mailed simultaneously with the acceptance offers? Is anyone else still waiting to hear? should I call the office?

Archived