Premed 101 Forums

Starting over my Post-secondary journey...

Guest tacotime

Guest tacotime

Thank you very much to all those who have contributed to this informative website!

My question is: Is there any way I can start over my post-secondary education from scratch? I had a C+ average first year (I had a 91% average in high school, but my high school screwed up my application, so I did not have sufficient time to consider the courses I should take... I took courses that were harder than what I needed to take... For ex. Engineering Math opposed to Life Sciences Math, and so on...) My first year shot all of my self esteem... so much so that still, to this day I can barely sleep some nights. This year (2nd Year @UBC) I have pulled off and A- average.... But you can only change your GPA so much...

I really would like to start over... even if it means going to a college, out-of-country, or to a different UNIVERSITY.

If anyone knows of any possible solutions/options... Please reply!!!!

Thank you all for your time. ^_^

Guest UWOMED2005

Yes, your first year might hurt your chances at some schools. Fortunately, Western bases their interview invitations/acceptances on ONLY your best year and your last year. So one goofed up year isn't going to ruin your application. Just work hard this year and the next and you'll have a good shot.

P.S. Don't let a few poor marks destroy your self confidence. That's probably the most important asset you have! (man, that sounds cheesy. But it's true.)

Archived