Premed 101 Forums

Accelerated Acceptances? Humber, McMaster

kt123

Accepted to Queen's, and like fish, still eagerly waiting for Western.

Upon phoning Western: they've made a few acceptances, which are due on March 15 or 16 ... they're now going down the list day by day, starting from 85's.

Best of luck everyone:)

MMart - what is your GPA to have gotten acceptance into Queens?! Congratulations!

Accepted to Queen's, and like fish, still eagerly waiting for Western.

Upon phoning Western: they've made a few acceptances, which are due on March 15 or 16 ... they're now going down the list day by day, starting from 85's.

Best of luck everyone:)

MMart - what is your GPA to have gotten acceptance into Queens?! Congratulations!

Hey fish

I'm in the same boat as MMart.. got accepted to Queens but still waiting to hear from Western.. Its a bit difficult to calculate my average because I went to Mac for my HBSc in Bio, but i think its about a 3.8. I also called UWO last week and they also told me they have made ~10 offers already, from what I am gathering these are mostly people with more than two degrees (2 yr undergrad+masters / teachers college)

Hey fish,

I am a UW UG, and my GPA is not spectacular (3.6), so I'm quite astounded as to how I managed an acceptance. The only factor I can think of is that I was able to complete my pre-reqs before I handed in my application and I will have a BSc in April. My marks were very good last term, but not that great for the rest of my undergrad, especially last year.

I'm basically thanking my lucky stars. Not sure if Western will happen for me, but I'm trying to keep the dream alive;)

Good luck, and hang in there!

P.S. Congrats lmh2113! Maybe see you in September!

Hey fish,

I am a UW UG, and my GPA is not spectacular (3.6), so I'm quite astounded as to how I managed an acceptance. The only factor I can think of is that I was able to complete my pre-reqs before I handed in my application and I will have a BSc in April. My marks were very good last term, but not that great for the rest of my undergrad, especially last year.

I'm basically thanking my lucky stars. Not sure if Western will happen for me, but I'm trying to keep the dream alive;)

Good luck, and hang in there!

P.S. Congrats lmh2113! Maybe see you in September!

hey MMART,

I am also a UW (you meant Waterloo right?) undergraduate (completed BSc. Kinesiology in December 2010) and I am also impatiently waiting to hear from UWO accelerated nursing. I don't know my grades in GPA form (I think about 3.7 (between 80-84%)), but my average is about 82-83% for my last 2 years, so I am realllly hoping that will be enough!

my sister goes to western for nutrition and she said they are known for dragging out acceptances to the last minute and making everyone sweat!

hope to hear soon!

Hey lmh2113,

I have accepted my Queen's offer. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Queen's over Western, so we'll just wait and see if Western offers at some point, and then go from there. But for now I am very excited for September at Queen's.

Congratulation's on your Western acceptance, maybe we'll cross paths one day:)

Good luck to all waiting for offers, keep fighting the good fight.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey lmh2113,

I have accepted my Queen's offer. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Queen's over Western, so we'll just wait and see if Western offers at some point, and then go from there. But for now I am very excited for September at Queen's.

Congratulation's on your Western acceptance, maybe we'll cross paths one day:)

Good luck to all waiting for offers, keep fighting the good fight.

Hey MMart!

I've also accepted my offer from Queen's! Hope to see/meet you in September! I'm getting pretty revved up about it too! :D

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm going into my fourth year at Western doing my final year in Physiology and am considering applying to accelerated nursing programs in March of 2013. I was wondering if you guys could clarify something for me, since you all have already applied. The 10 full credits Western ask for, and a few other programs ask for, would that count 2.5 credits from fourth year, 5 credits from third year, and then 2.5 credits from second year? And is grades the only thing programs look at?

Thanks for the help :)

it's your last 10 credits no matter what year you are in. So if you graduate but take 2.5 credits the summer after, they would use those marks when calculating your average and drop 2.5 of your third year marks...which is pretty common for this program because not many people get in right after undergrad. But yes it is very possible for you to start Sept 2013 if you have completed all the pre-req's, however I don't imagine you would hear until the summer of 2013 because the acceptances that went out for this year before april were to those with 90+ averages/multiple degrees.

Hope that helps!

Archived