Premed 101 Forums

Pre Med Requisites?

Guest Doctor Evil J

Guest Doctor Evil J

I am a grad of Technical College in America. I went into the IT field.

I found that I was unhappy in my decision (after 6 years) and have changed over to pre med.

I already have an AS in Technology (of course).

Do I need an AA? Or can I just go get my prereq's and start applying for med school?

I am an above average student, and so far have accomplished all the goals I have set for myself. only problem is that I am 28 and time is running out for me to reach this dream.

Any advice? I know that there are a couple colleges that offer an accelerated BS/MD program, but only accept 12 students per year. Will my age have an affect on this field I have chosen?

Thanks in advance

Guest Ian Wong

Are you interested in applying to American med schools?

Your first piece of literature that you should look into purchasing is the MSAR: Medical School Admissions Requirements. There's more information about it here:

pub44.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm21.showMessage?topicID=30.topic

Med school pre-reqs can differ between each school, so you really need to get this booklet, find out which schools you are interested in attending (likely those in the same geographic area, or that have other features that appeal to you), and then use the MSAR to find out what courses you'll need to have taken as your pre-reqs.

I'm going to leave this thread here for the next while, but if the conversation is pre-dominantly about US med schools, I will move it to the "Applying to American Schools" forum, which is lower down on the website.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived