Premed 101 Forums

what's everyone doing?

May 15 is a long way away! 6 weeks! when i think of May it should be warm and sunny, but today in yellowknife we are having a huge wet snowstorm! makes the city look nicer though...up here winter lasts until mid may, oh that would be May 15! can not wait for summer! 2 seasons here: winter/summer

hope everyone is well

Planning a trip to Hungary and Serbia for July, working a lot and finishing up a manuscript for submission to an academic journal. I also had a student with me for 4 weeks, her final evaluation is tomorrow so in fact I have been keeping busy but like Flora said med school innervates every non-occupied/non-distracted moment.

What is awesome is I will be quite busy near the end of April with some work related continuing education after which I will be busy almost right up to May 11th. I will be doing an oral presentation at the Northern Health Research Conference May 11 th in Thunder Bay so I will be scrambling to get together my presentation by May 3rd for submission to the organizers and prepping for that day. Hopefully that'll do the trick until May 15th!:)

I do plan to take the 14th and 15th off to just relax as I will be useless if I try to be productive those days ...

Beef

wow beef, quite a lot going on...i remember you were talking about presenting at the NHRC....good luck with that.

i am looking for a health conference for July in Toronto ( or up your way ) if you know of any...please let me know. summer time the pickings are slim...

jojo: The conference is in Thunder Bay. See the link to the conference registration form below:

I am the last oral presentation on the last day of the conference ... LOL ... the worst time slot ever when everyone just wants to get out of there on a Friday afternoon ... or if you look at it from a positive perspective perhaps I am considered the MAIN event :D

http://www.nosm.ca/uploadedFiles/Research/Northern_Health_Research_Conference/NHRC%202012%20Brochure%20and%20Registration%20Form.pdf

i am looking for a health conference for July in Toronto ( or up your way ) if you know of any...please let me know. summer time the pickings are slim...

hmm, on my conference radar are only ...

May 10-11 - Northern Health Research Conference - Thunder Bay

June - Dietitians of Canada National Conference - Toronto

Oct - Canadian Diabetes Association Conference - location?

Oct - NOSM Rendez Vous Health Conference - Thunder Bay?

I certainly dont have the budget or the professional development days to attend all of those but I will be attending one of the bottom three anyway. If I get into NOSM than the last two will be scratched for sure.

Not sure what area of nursing you are in (Public Health, acute care, etc) but there should be some random conference going on in Toronto or somewhere to allow you to blow some PD dollars.

Archived