Premed 101 Forums

NWT Applicants

Hey there, any other applicants from the NWT here by any chance? I've been going to school for the last three years in Toronto, so I count as an Ontario resident now. Anyone have any insight whether coming from the NWT (and therefore not Ontario) will work for or against me in terms of admission?

hi there, i currently live in Yellowknife ( over 9 years ) and i did see a post from 'NWTSLP', i am going to guess a speech language pathologist...or..super likable person? i know NOSM takes into consideration where you 'grew up' as part of your context, so i would guess that if you are from the NT it would help you. i know that many students may do a degree down south but are still considered an NT resident. even if you are not a resident now i think your years here will help you, esp if u can talk about this in your application. i 'grew up' in NYC and Toronto, but i have spent half my life to date in rural and northern urban communities.

good luck waiting, i hope we all hear good news soon

Hey there, any other applicants from the NWT here by any chance? I've been going to school for the last three years in Toronto, so I count as an Ontario resident now. Anyone have any insight whether coming from the NWT (and therefore not Ontario) will work for or against me in terms of admission?

I don't know about the NWT, but if you scroll down to the bottom of the first NOSM page you will see a thread about applicants from the Yukon.

The last several classes at NOSM have consisted of roughly 90% students from Northern Ontario and the other 10% are from rural and remote areas in the rest of Canada. Coming from the NWT will definitely not work against you.

Archived