Premed 101 Forums

You can get an estimate from the OSAP website. Just use a hypothetical school :)

You can't because you have to fill out the application 90days prior to the end of the study year (April 2012) and the application for next year is not available.

I know undergrads generally get at least $7000 per year. I'm also interest to know what is the minimum that OSAP gives to first year medical students?

You can't because you have to fill out the application 90days prior to the end of the study year (April 2012) and the application for next year is not available.

I know undergrads generally get at least $7000 per year. I'm also interest to know what is the minimum that OSAP gives to first year medical students?

I get about 15K a year except for year 3 - full year - during which it is over 20K

I'm just talking about a quote, not the actual application form. I did it today :) so I know it works. It's under the "Aid Estimator" I'd get about $16500 for first year at NOSM (fingers crossed, common May 15!)

There is a big impact on how much you will get from OSAP if you have a car. But, I know it's pretty essential (especially come clerkship) to have a car and most med students have a car (correct me if I am wrong).

If there are med students out there who have OSAP and a car and don't mind commenting on how much they ended up getting from OSAP I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

I get about 15K a year except for year 3 - full year - during which it is over 20K

do you use a bank LOC as well? Say I were to apply to OSAP, and then go to BMO to get that 250k LOC.. would my OSAP go down? Probably eh... and how do they calculate your need? not your parents' income any more right?

also.. does the bank LOC count as income for tax purposes?

Archived