Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 15

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when premed101 went down last time earlier this year during interview invites. not a fun time! also, I woke up this morning thinking that it was Tuesday and I had sooo many emotions! Then I realized it was Sunday lol I feel like this is going to be the longest 2 days of my life!

Yeah I am going bonkers myself ... so much hinges on Tuesday's decision. Do I quit my job of 6 years at the end of the summer, do I need to get an apartment in Sudbury? So many big and exciting changes that I can barely contain myself.

At work today ... tonight I am going to do some yard work to get my mind semi-occupied and then perhaps play some video games to do some more mind numbing.

Yeah I am going bonkers myself ... so much hinges on Tuesday's decision. Do I quit my job of 6 years at the end of the summer, do I need to get an apartment in Sudbury? So many big and exciting changes that I can barely contain myself.

At work today ... tonight I am going to do some yard work to get my mind semi-occupied and then perhaps play some video games to do some more mind numbing.

if you picked tbay and not sudbury as your main campus you should be fine... with the exception of waitlist students, the school said they matched everyone to their campus of choice (I imagine that is because there were enough people who didn't specify).

if you picked tbay and not sudbury as your main campus you should be fine... with the exception of waitlist students, the school said they matched everyone to their campus of choice (I imagine that is because there were enough people who didn't specify).

Hey I was thinking about this today... [anxious blabbing]

I indicated that I would prefer Sudbury (simply because I have been living in Toronto for the past two years and would love the opportunity to return to see friends, no other reason), but I would definitely take either location. Do you think I could have disadvantaged myself by indicating a preference? Or, do you think I would be at least given the option of tbay if sudbury couldn't take me, because as I said, I would gratefully take either :)

[/anxious blabbing]

Thanks.

I actually did indicate Sudbury as my campus of preference. Although I would not decline an offer to TB it would not be preferrable seeing as how I would be trying to maintain a house and relationship on Manitoulin (1.75 hrs from Sudbury and 10+ hrs from TB) ... it would be difficult to drive home on weekends from TB to cut the grass, more realistic from Sudbury :D I will worry about such things when they arise ... just playing around with the what ifs ....

hey ben, how do you know this?

hey ben, how do you know this?

I know this because when I asked to change campus after I got my offer, the kind staff seemed surprised and said "I thought we had matched everyone to their preferred campus" or something similar... and they had indeed matched me to my request, but I changed my mind. /edit/ sorry I just realized that my wording may have implied that I was talking about this year in my initial post... I meant that everyone had been matched in my year... sorry for making it sound like I had current year inside info /edit/

And to the others asking if it would affect their chances, I believe that it is that fear that leads so many to put no preference, but to my understanding, they rank applicants, and then just assign them if possible to their location of choice, from 1 down to 60-whatever. So if the first 30 want TB, the ones around 30 would be given Sudbury offers. This is not a confirmed thing or anything, just the perception that the school had given me about the issue.... So I don't think there is any harm what so ever in putting a preference, its just a courtesy that the school attempts to put you where you'd like to be put.

If you aren't happy with the site youve been assigned, you can ask to be moved if a seat open on the other campus... but you have to do it ASAP, once the school year starts, its really hard to change... there is one Tbay native going to Sudbury because she couldn't swap (its my understanding that she had been given a waitlist offer, so seats were slim at that time).

Indicating a preference won't change whether or not they give you an offer.

So I work nights tonight, sleep until mid morning tomorrow, visit my friend and her baby in the early afternoon, hopefully sleep again a little mid afternoon, have a dinner date around 7, then bed. I'm actually really surprised I managed to fill my day tomorrow. I thought I would be sitting around twittling my thumbs (read: drinking heavily...)

Only about 40 more hours to go!!!

As we very quickly approach the moment we've been anticipating and dreading, I would just like to thank all of you for being there to bounce random thoughts, worst fears and highest hopes off of. I don't think I could have kept focus and motivation without such an amazing support group! Despite the fact that I have never met any of you, I feel like we have formed some sort of bond :). I hope we all get fantastic news tomorrow, and that I get to meet you all in the fall!!

As we very quickly approach the moment we've been anticipating and dreading, I would just like to thank all of you for being there to bounce random thoughts, worst fears and highest hopes off of. I don't think I could have kept focus and motivation without such an amazing support group! Despite the fact that I have never met any of you, I feel like we have formed some sort of bond :). I hope we all get fantastic news tomorrow, and that I get to meet you all in the fall!!

I feel exactly the same. I have barely used this forum but whenever I have you guys have always been amazingly warm, sympathetic, and helpful.

THANK YOU.

Agreed! I feel like I know all of you guys and I am rooting for each and every one of you! You have all inspired me to keep trying and to stay positive throughout this whole process. Best of luck tomorrow guys and remember that if this is what you really want then don't give up, even if you get knocked down. Brush yourself off and try one more time!!!

Archived