Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 15

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less than 12 hours away!!! I am not going to be able to sleep an ounce tonight. I want to thank all of you as well for sharing your experiences, anxieties and hopes throughout this whole process. It provided me with much reassurance and support to know that many of you have also undergone emotional roller coasters throughout this ride. Furthermore, much of the information many of you provided was extremely helpful in allowing me to obtain a better appreciation for my current situation. I greatly hope all of us get in this year, next year, or another year soon after, as I am extremely interested in meeting and working alongside all of you in person. Best of luck tomorrow and looking forward to hearing some good news!

I was sent my acceptance at 8:17 to west campus

cue panic amongst those without emails :P

If I recall correctly not all the emails went out at the same time last year... I got mine at 9... so keep your fingers/toes/relevant superstitious body part crossed

So while I wait here on pins and needles, I'll tell you about my dream last night.

NOSM decided to announce their acceptances/rejections in another way. If you have ever watched the finale of Hell's Kitchen you'll recognize their methodology. We all had to file back to where we had our interview. We received a number associated with our name, and had to go find a door with that number. At the count of three, we all walked through the door into a room. Inside there was a newspaper article, which either said "undergrad student spends life trying to get into medical school, sadly gets rejected" with a fake article written under neath. The other option was "Dr (insert last name here) finds the cure for cancer! (or some other disease)" at which point the lights turn on and people begin cheering.

I guess lying in bed spastically refreshing my email is a little more dignified.

So while I wait here on pins and needles, I'll tell you about my dream last night.

NOSM decided to announce their acceptances/rejections in another way. If you have ever watched the finale of Hell's Kitchen you'll recognize their methodology. We all had to file back to where we had our interview. We received a number associated with our name, and had to go find a door with that number. At the count of three, we all walked through the door into a room. Inside there was a newspaper article, which either said "undergrad student spends life trying to get into medical school, sadly gets rejected" with a fake article written under neath. The other option was "Dr (insert last name here) finds the cure for cancer! (or some other disease)" at which point the lights turn on and people begin cheering.

I guess lying in bed spastically refreshing my email is a little more dignified.

haha that's hilarious! I had a dream last night that I got the email but it was in a code and I couldn't read it so I didn't know if I was accepted or not! Talk about stress!

I still havent had a peep in my inbox yet ... whats going on? Obviously it takes a while to send things out but I would have imagined they would have had these prepped and ready to go today not typing them all today.

I would contact them RB. Assuming you checked your spam box.

I would contact them RB. Assuming you checked your spam box.

Yeah I checked my spam folder and trash. I didnt have any issues with the interview invite email. I sent them a quick email but will call in a half hour if I dont get the notification by then.

At this point I just want to know either way to put me out of this misery of waiting. I am sorry to hear about your final result.

Yeah I checked my spam folder and trash. I didnt have any issues with the interview invite email. I sent them a quick email but will call in a half hour if I dont get the notification by then.

At this point I just want to know either way to put me out of this misery of waiting. I am sorry to hear about your final result.

I was wondering why your name hadn't come up in the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread...

I hope you find out one way or the other soon... particularly hoping you get accepted of course.

I was wondering why your name hadn't come up in the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread...

I hope you find out one way or the other soon... particularly hoping you get accepted of course.

Thanks Ben. Sent an email, could only leave a telephone message, so I sit and wait. I hope this is not a repeat of one of my Dal Med applications, where they LOST my rejection letter and there I was sitting around thinking I still had a chance and finally called WELL after decisions were sent out ... terrible.

Thanks Ben. Sent an email, could only leave a telephone message, so I sit and wait. I hope this is not a repeat of one of my Dal Med applications, where they LOST my rejection letter and there I was sitting around thinking I still had a chance and finally called WELL after decisions were sent out ... terrible.

oh man that is rough! Hope this time to goes your way.

ACCEPTED

That was a freaking drama ... why does everything have to be dramatic! I have four email accounts ... yahoo, work, lakehead (masters email), nosm (affiliated with NOSM as preceptor) ........... I NEVER check my nosm email and apparently I was an idiot and put down my nosm email as an alternate (back up email address) and my yahoo as my first email (where I got my email). Anyhow after leaving two emails I had one lady call me back and ask me for my omsas reference number which I figured was BAD than she said she would talk to the director ... then shortly afterwards I got a call from a happy lady telling me she would like to offer me admission and to check my nosm email account which I never check and though all messages would forward themselves to my other email or so I thought I had set it up like that.

OH MY GOD I am exhausted.

Archived