Premed 101 Forums

Student Medical House

I know everyone is getting super excited about decisions coming out tomorrow! Best of luck to you all!

For those of you who choose Queen's tomorrow and are looking for a great place to live, consider living at Student Medical House at Queen's. Each year, the House accepts 5 first year students, and 13 Queen's medical students from across all 4 years live at Meds House. The House is a Victorian-era mansion located at 49 King Street East, bordering gorgeous City Park. Conveniently, Meds House is a three minute walk from New Medical Building.

Rent is inexpensive and varies depending on the size of the room. Rent includes all utilities, social membership to Meds House, and ten meals per week (prepared by our very own chef, Jack!).

One of the best aspects of Meds House is that it is also a social club, which provides a very strong community for its members. If you choose not to live in Meds House, you should know that any medical student is welcome to join as a social member. We'll tell you all about that once you get to Queen's.

Please contact Tony at acampbell@qmed.ca for more information, and keep an eye on the Queen's Medicine Class of 2016 Facebook page that will be going up soon for more advertisements.

Best of luck,

Kalie

Queen's Medicine Class of 2015

There are many factors that influence the rent at Meds House. The details of its function as a social club are also quite lengthy, so if you're interested in seeing pictures of rooms and learning more about the house (it's history, social club, rent prices etc) then please email me at acampbell@qmed.ca

Tony Campbell

Queen's Medicine 2014

Student Medical House President

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I dont know if anyone can help me out, I am a medical student from the UofA and I am doing an elective at queens from Aug13-26 2012, and I was trying to find a place to stay for that time period. If anyone knows a good place, or someone who is looking for a roommate for two weeks I would really appreciate the info, or if you could pass this message along to your colleagues that would be fantastic! My email is mews@ualberta.ca

Thanks, :)

Archived