Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS code

Guest not rex morgan

Guest not rex morgan

Hey guys. I was just re-reading the message sent by CaRMS. They say we need our 5 digit CaRMS code that is on our personal data page. Of course, we're now locked out of our data, and I didn't bother thinking of it until now. I do have a number scratched down on a piece of paper that starts with "2004", then has 5 digits after that. I'm assuming that this is the CaRMS code. Can anybody confirm?

Guest UWOMED2005

uh oh. . .

I just assumed the code they were referring to was the same one I used to log on to AWS! Or could they be referring to our CaRMS file number?

They really like making this complicated, don't they? :rollin

Hmm. Well, if I can't actually can't log into the CaRMS webpage to find out my match results, I figure out whatever program I matched to is eventually going to contact me to sort out start dates, O-week and the like. They might not do so on tuesday though!

Haha. It would be absolutely hilarious to wait expectantly for Tuesday march 1st, only to not be able to access the results. . . and then have to wait until the program you matched to gets around to e-mailing you to find out the results.

Absolutely hilarious. :evil

Guest UWOMED2005

. . . and then forward it to the MCC, where they'll generate 5 other codes for you. The MCC will then post notes on both the MCC and CaRMS websites about needing those codes, but not actually send them to you until March 1st, 5002. ;)

Guest borboleta10

notrexmorgan, i think the 2004***** number you have on your piece of paper is your MCC candidate code (not to be confused with your MCC password, which is a jumbled mess of 11 letters and numbers).

The CaRMS code is the one that is at the top of your Application page next to your name (*if* you bothered printing yours out--the part with the personal data, education, electives, work experience stuff).

it would have made way too much sense to just be able to log in to the CaRMS site on Tuesday with our AWS username and password...

Guest not rex morgan

Thank you for clarifying that Borboleta. I just found the application I printed off a million years ago. What a relief. Can you imagine coming to the computer on Tuesday and realizing that you didn't have the login?

Guest endingsoon

Yeah it is stupid.ca material to say the least. Why would anyone change the login process now?

I think the best thing to do if you have misplaced the number is to call carms up on Monday (or email them) and get them to send you the number. That way you will be good to go come d-day.

Good luck guys....

Archived