Premed 101 Forums

Reading into 'interactions' with people

Guest endingsoon

Guest endingsoon

Well now that rank lists have been certified by the programs, most people that wrote you reference letters (assuming they are at your home school and are involved in the admissions process) and other clinicans in the same filed likely know where they ranked you.

They might not know if you you are in the program (bc they don't know what you are ranking) but they do know if you are ranked high, low, or cuspy.

My question is how have you been with interacting with these people? For me its pure nerves everytime I pass by them and thankfully they have been all simels and coridal, asking me to keep them informed of what happens to me in March. No one has run the other way yet thankfully, but then again no one has said I have a spot next year.

How have you guys been taking this? Can you read something into these things, or I am just being too paranoid?

Guest not rex morgan

Hmmm. I haven't actually run into anyone on involved in the programs I've applied to (of course most are out of province). However, I walked into the CARMS process with the same philosophy. You can't trust anything until you see your match. I got a letter from one of the programs I applied to basically telling me they hoped I had a good time. The last line of the letter was "see you in July." Being the sceptic I am, I assumed they sent this out to everyone they interviewed. I asked around and the people I know who interviewed there got the same thing. I wouldn't place too much stock in what you think people's reactions to seeing you are. I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't try to interpret their facial expressions, though. ;)

Archived