Premed 101 Forums

Pharmacy Abroad and come back to Canada... or maybe USA? Anybody have info?

hydrogen4

I heard you can do pharmacy in the UK/England, and then come back to Canada. (if you can't get into a US school, like me)

The process is supposed to be a bit convoluted, but the salary of pharmacists in Canada is double what it is in the UK.

Anybody have any information on options of doing pharmacy abroad and coming back?

I heard you can do pharmacy in the UK/England, and then come back to Canada. (if you can't get into a US school, like me)

The process is supposed to be a bit convoluted, but the salary of pharmacists in Canada is double what it is in the UK.

Anybody have any information on options of doing pharmacy abroad and coming back?

Of course you can come back to Canada and practice. This I know for sure because I know many foreign pharmacists. I believe you have to take 2 examinations. One is qualifying examination and the other is board examination. After that you would have to do 100 hours of internship. This information comes from someone who has studied pharmacy outside Canada, but not in the U.K..

Archived