Premed 101 Forums

PA in the states and then return?

I am a student in a PA program at D'Youville college in Buffalo. They are very Canadian friendly and even give 20% discounts to Canadians and some scholarship. It is a 4 year program. One can apply straight from school. If you already have a degree, they will give you transfer credits and you can graduate in 3 years. There are more PA programs in Buffalo as well.

I am a student in a PA program at D'Youville college in Buffalo. They are very Canadian friendly and even give 20% discounts to Canadians and some scholarship. It is a 4 year program. One can apply straight from school. If you already have a degree, they will give you transfer credits and you can graduate in 3 years. There are more PA programs in Buffalo as well.

Easy to get into?

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

You will have to contact each program. They all have different requirements. Some participate in central application system and others don't. As far as coming back to Canada, to the best of my knowledge, you would have to write Canadian licensing exam. However if you studied in Canadian PA school, you would not be able to practice in US, since Canadian schools are not accredited in US. It may change in the future. I think Manitoba applied recently for US accreditation. I do not think it would be hard for Canadian programs to be accredited if they applied. However last time I called McMaster, they told me they were not interested in US accreditation.

Archived