Premed 101 Forums

Message d'intérêt public.

Guest DrDre

Seriously future_doc, it is because of people like you that this forum is loosing people... you might need to change the way you interact with people

EDIT : stop thinking your better than everybody else... this is completly false

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion and to express it, as you have. :P Would you like to make a poll? ;)

It is you thinking that I am better than others or believing that I think I am better than everybody else. :eek: This is a big jump to make this conclusion, which is completely false. I am a member here like the rest of us just trying to help others and pay forward for the kindnesses shown to me. And from the feedback I receive by PM and on the public forum, I am doing a pretty good job. What about you?

PEACE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He didn't say that he has an ''alternate ego'', he said that it's not his 1st account. You're allowed to delete an account and create a new now.

He said:

Hey Future_Doc, you might know me better than you think, well maybe not but I know you better than you think lol. I like the way you call me a noob lulz. I would like to remind you that creating a new account isn't something hard to do :)

You may be right on many things, but I'm not a newbie in there. À bon entendant :)

And he is right that creating a new account is simple.

However, it is complex to delete an account. When a member wishes to delete a user name and substitute it for another, they need to inform the mods, there is really no other way.

He never discussed having deleted his other account. And I do not believe for a moment that he did go to mods to delete his other account. He is playing good guy, bad guy with his personas/user names, which is a technique that has been used in the past by troublesome members.

PEACE

J'ai réouvert le thread, car il est selon moi encore pertinent, surtout en ce qui concerne la discussion qu'on ne peut pas se fier sur ce qui est écrit sur ce forum (il me semble que c'est du gros bon sens, mais bon... peut-etre pas pour tout le monde). Je vais le fermer si des attaques personnelles se poursuivent, et envoyer des avertissments/ban aux gens impliqués.

Hey Maxime, were you serious about what you said? I ask b/c the attacks have now started about me. :mad:

I am well able to take care of myself but there is nothing good coming out of this thread that slowly is turning into a personal attack thread. :eek:

Time to close this thread, don't you think!

Or do you really believe that this thread is playing a role and remains relevant in discussing that we can not rely on what is written on this forum? :confused:

It ain't happening. This thread has become a problem and leaving it open is another problem. You are the mod. You re-opened this thread. So, the decision rests upon your judgment.

Maxime,

Is DrDre deserving of banning? You are the enforcer of the Rules and as mod, it is your call whether a member can create a user name for the purposes of agitation and deliberately causing trouble. You have another decision to make that relates to the credibility of the mods.

Hey Future_Doc, you might know me better than you think, well maybe not but I know you better than you think lol. I like the way you call me a noob lulz. I would like to remind you that creating a new account d isn't something hard to do :)

You may be right on many things, but I'm not a newbie in there. À bon entendant :)

Oh I think that this thread is really relevant.

PS Future_doc, you do know that you don't need to post 4 times in a row. Posting everything in one message would be much simpler.

All the double/triple/quadruple-posting is quite annoying.

Je ne vois pas pourquoi DrDre mériterait un bannissement. Parce qu'il parle contre certains membres? Il a le droit de donner son opinion, tant qu'il ne commence pas à insulter pour rien. Et dire que que les posts de quelqu'un ne sont pas toujours pertinents et aidant n'est pas insultant... surtout quand c'est vrai... (je ne dis pas que TOUS les postes de certaines personnes sont inutiles et faux soit dit en passant. Certains sont aidants. D'autres non.)

Perhaps you have the sort of mind to deal with unrelated matters in one cohesive post and the more power to you. :P I am not so blessed as you.

We are all annoyed with different things :) and learning how to deal with annoyances is part of maturation and growing up. Venting as you are doing is very healthy.

Of course, you are free to express your opinion as you are doing, just as I am free to post like you are doing. This is part of exercising our autonomy.

Perhaps, you need to become more familiar with the rules of the forum, in particular creating additional user names when their purpose is to attack. And the mods will exercise their own judgment as to whether DrDre merits being banned - although it would seem they agree with you at this point.

And it is interesting that you have taken a swipe at Robin Hood without mentioning his name. As for me, I am fair game and do not mind in the slightest being the lastest subject of attack. By any chance do you just happen to be DrDre? :P If you are, it is fine. :D

Haha no I'm not DrDre. Must I be him, since I am also complaining? Do you think that he's the only one thinking what he's saying?

I am perfectly able to deal with what annoys me, thank you. One of the way of dealing with what annoys me is telling the person who does the annoying thing to please stop, which I did.

I'm not asking even asking you to make ''cohesive post''... You could simply write the exact same thing, but in the same post instead of 2-3-4 messages.

Mon dernier post ne visait pas seulement Robin Hood soit dit en passant.

lol, no I do not for a moment believe that you are DrDre :P , it is inconsistent with your personality.

As future physicians in Quebec, I have no doubt our paths will cross. And despite the fact that I have been annoying you for some time now, lol, I do believe we will get along and I might even take you aside to let you know that you are working with the infamous f_d. For sure, we cannot show any possible annoyance toward our patients and I am honoured that you direct your annoyance at me in a forthright and direct manner and in good taste. :P

The only reason I did not make a consecutive post is that you beat me to it. You see, I was reading your past posts and found these ;)

Future_doc, thank you for that. That topic answers every single question every time. You don't even need to read what the OP has written, you just need to copy/past that link.

Le problème ce que exercice sciences n'est pas LE seul bon programme et f_d le fait un peu passer comme tel.

Essaye pas, c'est impossible de présenter le moindre argument contre ce *fantastique programme* et contre la façon dont f_d le montre à TOUT ceux qui se demandent quel programme faire à l'université

So, your annoyance has been building. :) I confess that sometimes I annoy myself.

PEACE

Let's all take a chill pill

Haha maybe we should. It's only a forum after all.

PS ; f_d, I don't like the fact that you attack my ability to deal with patients by suggesting that I wouldn't be able to deal with how they could annoy me. At least I never attacked you as a md student or as a future doctor, even if the way I talked to you was often quite aggressive.

This conversation is going nowhere so I won't answer whatever you may post after me. This is not therapeutic or fun to me.

PS 2 ; I'm a girl btw

No, no Capucine gal. I apologize if this is your impression which I did not mean. I know you would never show annoyance toward a patient. It is good though to show annoyance toward me - seriously. So, for the record, there was not meant to be the slightest attack personally/professionally.

And you were not aggresive with me by showing annoyance. :) So, please understand no attack at you personally or your integrity in dealing with future patients was intended directly or indirectly.

It is therapeutic and fun in the sense that it is not serious stuff comparatively speaking and we all need to have perspective when it comes to an anonymous forum.

And if someone sends me a legal chill pill, I will try it. :P

PEACE

It is good though to show annoyance toward me - seriously.

Put me on the list of people who wish to show annoyance towards you.

I'm also told it's a rather long list and most people are too polite or too busy to manifest their discontent.

Either way, when it gets to the point where quite a few people are annoyed with you, it's time to either a) leave gracefully, B) reconsider some of your tactics or c) continue exactly as you're doing while keeping in the back of your mind that we will all be your colleagues one day and if we are all displeased now, it can only get worse in the future if we have to work with you everyday.

Thank you MedPen for your annoyance. :P I assure you neither you nor anybody else will push be off this forum where I have been making a positive contribution for years and years. We cannot please all the people all the time, nor is it my intention. ;) My tactics of helping others who are appreciative will remain unchanged. I work regularly with healthcare professionals IRL and I have yet to receive any complaints, but then I have not met you. :)

Keep the complaints rollin' in guys and this seems to be the only point to this thread that the mods apparently want to keep open.

Have a great day MedPen.

(third consecutive post)

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

- Noel Coward

I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

- Rita Rudner

I used to annoy my father by telling him how much I felt luck was with me.

- Gene Tierney

If you want to annoy your neighbors, tell the truth about them.

- Pietro Aretino

People who annoy people are the luckiest people in the world.

- Howie Mandel

We who have the final word can speak softly or angrily. We can seek to challenge and annoy, as we need not stay docile and quiet.

- William O. Douglas

Expressing your annoyance is healthy and therapeutic.

- f_d

Others may as well open up. What about you cherie136? Do I annoy you too? :P

Nah :P To annoy me, one has to REALLY be mean or something... I'm not easily swayed. I try to see both sides of the medal and while you may have some vocal minor arguments I maybe don't agree with (can't say anything off the top of my head), in essence, you really try to help.

You can't agree on everything with someone, but you can try to see their point of view :) That's what I always think when I talk politics with my staunch Conservative or separatist friends! :P

That's why I don't to not involve myself in debates on the internet... too easy to have someone slam into you and threads like that often turn in disrespect - no offence. It's the internet way - when you're anonymous, you feel entitled to all sorts of things!

Ah shucks, I was hoping you too would be annoyed with me. :D

But, they keep comin' ................. and honestly, I would rather receive the hits than be directed at Robin Hood. These posts are so mild compared to what went on in the past when haters came out with verbal knives. They are all gone. :P

But cherie136, just promise me or at least think about it, if you do create a list of those who annoy you, I would be honoured if I could be at the top of your list. Perhaps, I might annoy Mina, I will ask her when I see her on here. :) What is important is that in my years of professional interactions with patients, there has been no annoyance, same with healthcare professionals. I will manage to survive and thrive, as you do. :P

cherie, you may have just found your first official future patient as we both are from Quebec. You have all the attributes of a physician. :P

And should you not have decided upon medicine, you would have been a perfect

diplomat and Prime Minister in the tradition of Lester B. Pearson who who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1957 and whose government introduced universal health care, student loans and our Canadian flag.

I expect great things of you over your career! :)

Aw, thanks :D

I wanted to be U.N. secretary and US president when I was younger (before I knew you had to be born in the US to be eligible). Coincidentally, I also wanted to be a diplomat AND the PM of Canada or the Health minister in QC :P

With the exception of US President, all things are totally possible. And in due course, you can go into policy issues, politics and become Prime Minister and, indeed, UN Secretary General. You have a long life ahead of you, you have barely scratched the surface and I look forward to seeing where you are in 25 years. :)

Archived