Premed 101 Forums

Message d'intérêt public.

Guest DrDre

Guest DrDre

Si vous êtes un habitué de ce site, ignorer ce message, par contre si vous êtes nouveau et que vous lisez les messages sur ce forum, je vous invite à ne pas considérer ce que ''Robin Hood'' va vous donner comme information sur l'admission dans les université.

1) Il ne sait pas de quoi il parle, il va vous donner des conseils biaisés car lui même a une rancune envers les programme tels que médecine, médecine dentaire, opto car il sait qu'il ne va jamais pouvoir y entrer (ses propres mots)

2) Il n'est pas étudiant en médecine, ni en médecine dentaire, ni dans aucun d'un programme en santé. Il étudie en mathématique.

3) Il ne connait pas grand chose sur le cursus des programmes universitaires en santé.

4) Écouter ses conseils est vraiment déconseillé. Ca va vous éloigner de vos buts plutôt qu'autre chose.

5) Je ne suis pas le seul à penser ça, je surfe ce forum depuis un bout et j'ai remarqué ses posts vraiment ridicule et sans aucun sens.

Sur ce, bonne soirée.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peut-être que c'est vrai... mais faire un thread juste pour ça et viser un membre en particulier? Un peu de l'overkill selon moi :) Ça se règle en privé en premier ce genre de trucs! Je veux bien croire que l'on est sous le couvert de l'anonymat avec internet... mais bon.

Cela dit, je ne t'attaque pas personnellement (très très loin de là!) ;)

Au pire, rectifions les faits dans les posts déjà ouverts :D Faire des erreurs dans ses réponses, ça arrive à tout le monde... même si c'est répétitif. J'ai vu les threads sur médecine dentaire et opto, en passant. Si je ne suis pas d'accord avec certains commentaires énoncés, les étudiants qui sont dans ces programmes peuvent nous remettre à l'heure juste - ce qui constitue une bonne raison pourquoi on vient sur ce forum en fait!

Sans rancune :)

You are a newbie here and you call yourself Dr. :P

And you have decided to libel, to defame, a longtime contributing member of this forum. Physicians don't do this. :eek:

If you do not agree with his opinion or advice, by all means, it is your right to give your own opinion so that there is balance.

I am asking the mods to remove this horrible thread. It is rude, problematic and contrary to the rules. This is an attack thread.

None of us are perfect, not even you newbie. :P Robin Hood is not a probem here - you are. :eek: I stand by Robin Hood.

Guest DrDre

And you have decided to libel, to defame, a longtime contributing member of this forum. Physicians don't do this. :eek:

If you do not agree with his opinion or advice, by all means, it is your right to give your own opinion so that there is balance.

I am asking the mods to remove this horrible thread. It is rude, problematic and contrary to the rules. This is an attack thread.

None of us are perfect, not even you newbie. :P Robin Hood is not a probem here - you are. :eek: I stand by Robin Hood.

I don't call myself Dr. my nickname is Dr as in DrDre, the famous rapper, producer. But I bet you didn't know that.

I am maybe a newbie there, but I am an active reader of this forum.

There's an edge between giving advices that are not right and giving advices that can compromise one's chances to get into med school.

ps @future_doc: I am glad to see that the reputation that you have on the english part of this part is true. You know what I'm talking about ;-)

future_doc I get your point, but by the past many of your posts/threads on this forum have been rude, problematic, and contrary to the rules ;)

The problem with this robin hood guy is that he gives biased advices, and has a very negative view of the admissions because he couldn't get in himself. I mean you just have to read his own posts to feel that his trying to discourage people instead of giving them good advices.

As an experienced reader of this forum, I feel a bit awkward letting a guy like that giving advices to the new ones here.

We are all entitled to our opinions, we are entitled to give advice and this includes sharing differing views on any given topic.

If you disagree with me or any poster, quote what you consider to be the offending post and share your contrary view. Members here have autonomy and free will and are able to come to their own conclusions. But to make a blanket attack against any member is defamation, rude and contrary to rules.

There is not going to be a flame war here.

Guest DrDre

We're all entitled to our opinions.

This purpose of this thread is to let all the new readers know that they should not consider robin hood's opinion as it can undermine their chances to get in med school.They have the right to know this. And they have the right to get good advices.

future_doc: Do you have the slightest idea that many, many people here take premed101 as a serious source of information. Considering that, would you let a guy trying to undermine their chances posting on this forum? I bet you're not so sure now ;)

future_doc I get your point, but by the past many of your posts/threads on this forum have been rude, problematic, and contrary to the rules ;)

It is unfair to make this blanket statement. :mad: But, I am willing to discuss any specific complaints you may have on any given post of mine. I am even willing to discuss each of the 15,000 plus posts individually if you have the time. :P Where to begin? :D

Rude, problematic posts that are contrary to rules should be reported at the time to the mods by hitting the triangle at the upper left hand corner of the offending post so that mods may make their own decision.

I agree with future_doc about this thread. I may not agree with everything Robin says but people have a right to say whatever they want. People who want to go to medical school are smart enough to consider all opinions and choose the best option for themselves despite what others say.

For example, I don't agree with the opinion that bachelor degrees are a waste of time so I just ignore it. If people don't critically reason or get demotivated to become a doctor just because of what others believe then maybe they should re-examine their life goals. In the end, people must be critical of everything one hears on premed101 because they are opinions.

Just my two cents. :)

So this is your way of letting us know that defamation is not a good thing to do? You attack the guy on his nickname, and call him newbie. What if he's been reading this forum longer than you? lol.

And you don't even know DrDre (the rapper)... Shame, shame on you :P

I don't call myself Dr. my nickname is Dr as in DrDre, the famous rapper, producer. But I bet you didn't know that.

I operate on K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) and as this is essentially a premed forum, "Dr" means doctor. :) I am not into rapping.

I am maybe a newbie there, but I am an active reader of this forum.

I wish you well and every success. It is good to be an active reader and an active contributor. Robin Hood has made positive contributions here and I look forward to his continuing. By all means whenever you disagree with a post he or others make, quote it and state your postion, thereby giving viewers the other viewpoint for their consideration. Honest disagreement and debate is healthy and informative, but a simple, direct attack is not helpful to the audience or to your reputation. It accomplishes nothing positive.

There's an edge between giving advices that are not right and giving advices that can compromise one's chances to get into med school.

Well, that is precisely why you should share your views where you disagree.

But trying to muzzle a member is not the way to inform the membership in any convincing or meaningful manner.

ps @future_doc: I am glad to see that the reputation that you have on the english part of this part is true. You know what I'm talking about ;-)

I am proud of my reputation and if this is another one of your generalized attacks, it too has backfired. :P Like Robin Hood, I make positive contributions to this forum and have helped so many along their path to med school.

If you mean once more to be mean again to me (like to Robin Hood), you need to mature and grow up and this accomplishes nothing other than show our membership who you are. As a newbie, you have a lot to learn here, we are all improving, and there is hope for you yet. :) Try to help the membership with positive contributions and not negativity. Try it, you may like it.

PEACE

Salut à tous

Bah, DrDre, Robin des Bois est un bon gars ici. Allégez. Robin Hood a été ici depuis un certain temps et a des informations à partager. Si lui ou moi ne sont pas corrects, s'il vous plaît nous corriger. Personne n'est parfait. Il faut juste corriger les déclarations erronées s'il vous plaît. Autrement, détendez-vous :)

So this is your way of letting us know that defamation is not a good thing to do? You attack the guy on his nickname, and call him newbie. What if he's been reading this forum longer than you? lol.

And you don't even know DrDre (the rapper)... Shame, shame on you :P

Silly :P I am not attacking DrDre for his name and he is a newbie just as I was once. Yes, defamation is not a good thing to do, nor is trying to chase away honourable members like Robin Hood.

I agree with future_doc about this thread. I may not agree with everything Robin says but people have a right to say whatever they want. People who want to go to medical school are smart enough to consider all opinions and choose the best option for themselves despite what others say.

+1, this thread is useless.

+1, this thread is useless.

Ce n'est pas si inutile que cela !

On peut développer nos habilités gérer des problèmes qui peuvent arriver entre collègues d'études ou de travail.

Dans le système de la santé, on travaille souvent en équipe, il y a des personnes jeunes et d'autres plus âgées, des personnes avec plus ou moins d'expérience, des personnes avec des cultures différentes et aussi des personnes plus ou moins en santé, physique et mentale.

Oui, même si on est un professionnel de la santé, on peut être malade et cela peut causer des problèmes avec nos collègues de travail.

Peut-être que c'est vrai... mais faire un thread juste pour ça et viser un membre en particulier? Un peu de l'overkill selon moi :) Ça se règle en privé en premier ce genre de trucs! Je veux bien croire que l'on est sous le couvert de l'anonymat avec internet... mais bon.

Cela dit, je ne t'attaque pas personnellement (très très loin de là!) ;)

Au pire, rectifions les faits dans les posts déjà ouverts :D Faire des erreurs dans ses réponses, ça arrive à tout le monde... même si c'est répétitif. J'ai vu les threads sur médecine dentaire et opto, en passant. Si je ne suis pas d'accord avec certains commentaires énoncés, les étudiants qui sont dans ces programmes peuvent nous remettre à l'heure juste - ce qui constitue une bonne raison pourquoi on vient sur ce forum en fait!

Sans rancune :)

A chaque fois que je lis tes postes je suis d'accord avec toi cherie!!!

Seloin moi Robin Hood ne se rend pas necessairement compte de son negativisme, pour beaucoup se faire rejetter d'un projet qu'ils planifient depuis longtemps peut etre un choc, je trouve que vous y etes aller un peu fort avec le thread...

A chaque fois que je lis tes postes je suis d'accord avec toi cherie!!!

Seloin moi Robin Hood ne se rend pas necessairement compte de son negativisme, pour beaucoup se faire rejetter d'un projet qu'ils planifient depuis longtemps peut etre un choc, je trouve que vous y etes aller un peu fort avec le thread...

Eh bien, je suis utile à quelqu'un :P

Effectivement, c'est difficile de se faire rejeter d'un programme, surtout quand on ne se voit pas faire d'autres choses : ça doit changer toute ta perspective sur ta vie. On a tous des hauts et des bas, qui se manifestent qu'on le veuille ou non dans nos paroles et nos écrits. Robin Hood a donné de bons conseils dans les quelques milliers de posts qu'il a fait :)

Comme aquablue l'a dit, on est sur internet. Par logique, on ne doit pas prendre pour acquis ce que les autres nous disent et s'informer plus quand on a des réponses des membres du forum qui, comme tout le monde, peuvent faire des erreurs. Personne n'est parfait :D

Selon moi, la plupart des lecteurs du forum vérifie les signatures des personnes qui écrivent les posts et aussi regarde l'historique des posts de la personne pour vérifier la crédibilité de l'auteur.

Comme dans la vrai vie, il y a des commentaires qu'on prend d'autres qu'on laisse.

Not sure if srs. Or this thread is a massive troll.

TROLOLOLOLOLOLO

C'est vrai que ce thread peut-être un troll.

Mais ce troll n'est pas si mauvais que cela, parce que cela permet de comprendre un peu le merveilleux monde des forums sur l'internet ;)

Archived