Premed 101 Forums

Message d'intérêt public.

Guest DrDre

Trust me, in the main forums, there are users A LOT more annoying than that. And generally, people in real life are way more annoying because you can't escape them :P

Saying that, what's the point of vilifying members? If you don't like someone's posts, skip them over. The internet gives you that power : oh, the possibilities :D

I think we could all make way more helpful contributions than creating a list of annoying PM101 members and arguing over it :) I'm a pacifist! :P

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is important is that in my years of professional interactions with patients, there has been no annoyance, same with healthcare professionals. I will manage to survive and thrive, as you do. :P

What years of interactions with patients? You're just entering second year and you yourself admitted you were a loner during undergrad...

Trust me, in the main forums, there are users A LOT more annoying than that. And generally, people in real life are way more annoying because you can't escape them :P

Saying that, what's the point of vilifying members? If you don't like someone's posts, skip them over. The internet gives you that power : oh, the possibilities :D

I think we could all make way more helpful contributions than creating a list of annoying PM101 members and arguing over it :) I'm a pacifist! :P

lol. You didn't get my sarcasm.

What years of interactions with patients? You're just entering second year and you yourself admitted you were a loner during undergrad...

Volunteering I suppose :) Would make up for the loner part, as she has likely volunteered a lot.

cherie, I do not need to fabricate my credentials and I do have considerable professional interaction with patients. I certainly am not accountable to the likes of those who have never liked me nor appreciate what I do for others on this forum. Such people like MedPen are irrelevant in my life. Perhaps he is DrDre. He wants me to account to him so that he believes me. :eek:

I will give the details to you by PM in absolute confidence. Life is such that those who want to think badly of you will always think badly of you. It's not my problem.

cherie, I do not need to fabricate my credentials and I do have considerable professional interaction with patients. I certainly am not accountable to the likes of those who have never liked me nor appreciate what I do for others on this forum. Such people like MedPen are irrelevant in my life. Perhaps he is DrDre. He wants me to account to him so that he believes me. :eek:

I will give the details to you by PM in absolute confidence. Life is such that those who want to think badly of you will always think badly of you. It's not my problem.

That's exactly the problem. You're not accountable to anyone, yet you present yourself as some sort of expert on medical admissions. That is not legitimate.

Haha, I know you don't have to fabricate credentials. :P I actually read the thing you sent me months ago, that's where I remembered those innocuous info from :)

:)

There are people in this world who insist you account to them as if they have power over you, trying to prove a point. Insecure people, little people, prove their own inadequacies when they demand answers in interrogation style, to prove a point. And there are people who make false assumptions. In this case the point is supposedly that I am a liar - and he wishes to take me down. It says so much about the self-appointed interrogator. :P I am sure he will mature by the time he has "professional interactions with patients".

I agree!

I have asked the mods to close this thread more than once. And it was closed, but Maxime in his wisdom and judgment has allowed it to remain open, just as he allows DrDre to remain as a member in good standing.

It became quite light and friendly this evening but an immature member to whom I shall respond decided to continue in his attack. :eek:

And you saw my post to Maxime, moderator, yesterday, that fell on deaf ears (which I quote below):

J'ai réouvert le thread, car il est selon moi encore pertinent, surtout en ce qui concerne la discussion qu'on ne peut pas se fier sur ce qui est écrit sur ce forum (il me semble que c'est du gros bon sens, mais bon... peut-etre pas pour tout le monde). Je vais le fermer si des attaques personnelles se poursuivent, et envoyer des avertissments/ban aux gens impliqués.

Hey Maxime, were you serious about what you said? I ask b/c the attacks have now started about me. :mad:

I am well able to take care of myself but there is nothing good coming out of this thread that slowly is turning into a personal attack thread. :eek:

Time to close this thread, don't you think!

Or do you really believe that this thread is playing a role and remains relevant in discussing that we can not rely on what is written on this forum? :confused:

It ain't happening. This thread has become a problem and leaving it open is another problem. You are the mod. You re-opened this thread. So, the decision rests upon your judgment.

Pénible, tu dis :P Je me demande pourquoi on l'a réouvert!

Incredibly poor judgment on the part of the mod who reopened it. It was a no brainer to close it. It was a no brainer to keep it closed. It became a no brainer to close it again, which I asked for (together with a banning of DrDre) both privately and in public.

The mods in their poor judgment have done nothing, but nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes.

MedPen

I have helped countless members of this forum get into med school using my expertise. Obviously, these candidates had the package and I helped them in marketing themselves and/or for the MMI or MEMFI as the case may be, making an important difference. This includes having helped French speakers for the French schools. When I was a premed, in my first year of editing, all my clients got interviews and all but one (who was waitlisted) received acceptances.

This is fact, not fiction. I have been doing this for years. Create a thread on The Lounge and ask the question of others if you dare! This is called a positive contribution helping future colleagues achieve their dreams. I have yet to notice you helping any premeds as so many of us continuously are doing, yet in your smallmindedness, you desperately try to find fault with this - really going out of your way. Why? Being mean spirited is not usually the domain of med students.

If you did not know, the main purpose of this site is self-help, i.e., to share our opinions, experience, knowledge and expertise with others for the common goal to enter medicine; and of course, there is also a forum for med students, etc.

My helping others is neither a secret nor a crime. You don't begin to have the slightest clue and clearly, as you are a med student, I cannot accuse you of stupdity, although incredibly poor judgment applies as does questionable emotional and intellectual intelligence!

My Sticky, http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48582, in the Medical Interview Forum has become the benchmark for interview preparation in Canada and throughout the USA. Not bad for someone who does not know what she is doing. Last fall, there was a dedicated thread created about my helping others and there were 7 pages of tributes and thanks for my help. This thread, created by Tesla, refers to you - see the underlined part - opened as follows:

Hi Everyone,

As a premedical student in Canada, I had “lurked” these forums for quite some time. I became a member back in June, but didn’t actively start using the forums until August. I approached numerous members to assist me with the application process this cycle; all of whom were very helpful.

One member in particular, future_doc, simply amazed me with her altruism. I approached future_doc to seek help for my ABS; I was a complete newbie and knew nothing about effective ABS writing. After viewing my sketch, future_doc gave me constructive feedback and guidelines to write, review and modify OMSAS ABS entries effectively. She emphasized “marketing”, something I knew was necessary for my sketch, but did not know how to efficiently do that myself. In the meantime, my OMSAS Sketch had become something outstanding; something I would not have been able to do myself. I was simply amazed by the time, energy, effort future_doc had put into my sketch, WITHOUT HAVING ANY IDEA of who I was; this act of kindness, generosity and charity touched me deeply.

In the days to come, I analyzed the changes future_doc had made, in order to eventually produce such high level entries myself; I felt indebted to future_doc. Recently, I re-sent future_doc an entry that I modified following her revision; she was amazed. I then sent her a few more entries that I had further modified following her “expert” revision. She quickly recognized that I had finally gotten a “feel” of how to do ABS entries efficiently and effectively, and started referring members to me, whom I could assist with ABS entries.

Although I am applying for the first time, I know the changes future_doc made were remarkable. She is capable of turning rust to gold and “nothing” into something extraordinary. She spends countless hours on this forum helping and assisting students with their application, including with their essays and narratives, and many are clueless about what is needed to be a competitive applicant (GPA/MCAT excluded). Moreover, she selflessly takes the time to come after YOU, so that you can be one step closer to your dream; she does what she can behind a computer screen.

Despite all this, there are individuals who challenge her integrity, ability and efficiency on this forum; this is unfortunate. Those that have contacted future_doc KNOW what she has done for them; I for one do. As a result, I would appreciate if all the individuals, who received help from future_doc, post their “Thank-You” on this thread, as this is the least we can do for her altruistic efforts.

Thank you future_doc for your selflessness and dedication to helping premed and graduate students with their applications.

Regards,

Tesla

unquote

And here is but a tiny representative sampling of posts about what you claim to be my non-expertise. As you have a small mind and big eyes, you can read these:

Almost done with the applications in Ontario. Many thanks to all the help I have got on this forum! Especially to future_doc, who takes effort to make sure I get every help and market myself in the best way possible. She spent quite an amount of time editing my ABS and essay and provide many useful feedbacks. Anyone who is applying to U of T or any other university, I would highly recommend future_doc!! But do it early!!

I just thought you all show know that future_doc is really great and helpful with editing and revising personal statements. And f_d's response time is unprecedented!

I'd like to add on to the bajillion other people that have already said so, f_d is a really really great help with editing personal statements! Very fast replies and very helpful :)

future doc just helped edit my personal statement with an incredible turn around time, within the hour pretty much =O. it was a great help and I certainly appreciated it.

Future_doc has done an incredible job of helping me with my UofT Essay over the past couple of days!! It was revised within about an hour and reduced from 1160 words to 930 words! I received lots of very helpful feedback and now I can know that I'm not leaving out any info that should have been in the essay. Thanks!!

Future_Doc has cut down my essay in an incredibly fast time from 1470-999. Suggestions were all very constructive and backed up with solid points. I am incredibly grateful for your help and it's so refreshing to see people actually HELP each other instead of competing. Thank you sooooo much future_doc, I hope our paths cross at some point during our medical education!

I'm afraid I'm gonna be contributing to your nervousness by making another thank you f_d post lol...

Don't worry if you're still working on your rough draft, get it done asap and send it to f_d, I thought I was too late when I sent it in to f_d a week ago, but she kept in touch with as she was editing and sent it back to me with some very helpful feedback immediately.

Warning: She will butcher your essay....haha which is a good thing

Future_doc reviewed my McGill essay/abstract and gave some really great feedback in a very timely manner. Great resource to have and highly recommended!

Just wanted to give a shout out to future_doc for some incredible help with the U of T essay the other day. Was back to me within minutes and we PMed throughout the entire edit. It was way more help than i expected to receive and I gained a lot from the input. Feeling much more confident about it this year, good luck to everyone else who is going through applications!!

Just wanted to thank future_doc, champ, spicynoodles, and thatonekid for their time and effot to review my ABS and personal statement. I had been given numerous incredible suggestions and they had made my ABS/personal statement more competitive!! Thanks again and good luck on others who are also applying this year

Thank you Future_doc for your help with essay :) It is greatly appreciated!

As another satisfied premed, I also want to extend my thanks to Future_doc. My essay was a lost and meandering soul, but now it has a direction and purpose. Much Appreciated.

I just wanted to thank future_doc for going through my essay. f_d did it in a timely manner, especially considering how many requests she (I think she's a she anyway, correct me if I'm wrong) gets. It gave me some new wording and perspectives to consider when amending my own essay and improving it.

Thanks again!

Thanks f_d really appreciate your help editing my personal statement!

Just wanted to say that future_doc was really helpful in editing my essay, pointing out not only grammar/spelling mistakes, but also certain suggestions to make the essay sound better. His/her turnaround time was jaw-dropping...I sent my PS to him/her, took a quick shower, ate dinner, came back to my desk and VOILA! done in ~20min.

Thanks future_doc!!

btw, f_d, are you premed like us? or are you past that stage?

My thoughts exactly, thank you f_d

Just wanted to say thanks to f_d for looking over my PS!

I'll also vouch for future_doc for essay review. Got some great feedback and the turnaround time was super quick - I'm talking within an hour and a half !.

Got some interesting and helpful suggestions from future_doc

I'd like to thank future_doc for the great review and advice on my essay!

I can vouch for future_doc as well. I was provided with quick (literally in a couple of hours) revisions and rewordings and also some excellent advice for clarity and improvements. This has really helped me in developing the essay.

I'll also vouch for future_doc for all the help she gave me with my essay! Really really helpful! xi88, doc2b, and terryann were all very helpful as well thanks guys!

I agree with the posts above. Future_Doc was extremely helpful. Thank you so much!

I received some great help here for my essay as well.

I am preparing for both UT and American personal statement, and have only focused on 5300 character essay for AMCAS, but after talking to you, I think I will add more and then use it for UT application. Your help and insight was tremendously helpful.

I hope community gets going with people helping each other's essays.

evening of June 29th:

@Futuredoc - thank you so much for going over my personal statement! You literally saved it. It's so much better now because of you! -virtual hugs-

Our guardian angel rmorelan is the best advisor on this forum and what I do is tiny compared to his wisdom and contribution. However, I devote very considerable time and effort to helping others by PM. This cycle, they have come to me for help with US essays and U/T essays. And I have been thanked on the public forum recently.

For the likes of you to state I have no expertise is helping applicants shows your ignorance and bad will for a start and I am being kind and considerate in describing what goes on in your little mind based upon what you posted.

Hey MedPen, put me on your Ignore List and you need never see any of my posts again. And good riddance to you.

I most certainly have expertise in this field that I willing have shared for years. I am not aware of any contributions you have made to the welfare of the community but please me my guest and in trying to tear me down, you are just showing us all who you are. You are the problem I have noted some time ago that you had a chip on your shoulder against me which was brought to my attention my another member. If you are proud of the venom you are now exposing toward me, and you think this is legitimate, you do have a serious problem. Why not try helping others as many of us do? :P You may actually like it and it is postive rather than your strictly negative contributions of late. :eek: The membership will decide whether you have gone to great lengths to shame yourself. I for one know the answer.

That's exactly the problem. You're not accountable to anyone, yet you present yourself as some sort of expert on medical admissions. That is not legitimate.

Hi MedPen,

With all due respected, her claims are "evidence based". f_d helps out tonnes of applicants each cycle, many of which are accepted into medical school. She has been doing this long enough - she know what she is talking about. As for her accountability, your argument/criteria for "accountability" is invalid. No one on this website is accountable to anyone - 90% of the members use pseudo names. Do you believe that f_d is giving out wrong information? She would have been HELD ACCOUNTABLE, on the public forum, had she been giving out poor/wrong information as it pertained to the application process.

Tesla

PS - f_d, there is no need to defend yourself when your integrity as it pertains to "application process" is brought into question. We as members know that you are a talented and valuable senior member of this community, who works hard to help members from all walks of life. You are an asset to this community.

Tesla and other members,

I fully realize that MedPen is confused and troubled with his multifaceted problems and that every aspect of his approach toward me has not the slightest legitimacy. However, he represents exactly that personality type to which you referred Tesla in your abovequoted post - someone who wishes to cause me trouble and harm by playing head games as so, so many haters have tried to do in the past. MedPen is representative of those haters who will always come out of the woodwork to try to undercut my valuable contribution to the community and all of these very same members make no contribution of a positive nature to our community ever! He is the lastest in a string of haters, many of whom are med students. :confused:

Strangely enough, amongst the top list of those usually in need of help are members who have PhDs, who need guidance to make an effective essay. I only mention this in passing as I seem to recall that MedPen was a PhD candidate who quit in the middle of his studies. He is, indeed, fortunate to have gone the route of a French speaking med school, as it is likely he would not have had the requisite skill to prepare the necessary written submissions in a competitive manner. This is just speculation on my part based upon my considerable experience; after all, MedPen has the arrogance to question my proven credentials on the public forum in a reprehensible manner.

I thought it best to throw it all out there so that the high audience of this thread can have the facts to judge for themselves the lack of merit of MedPen's meaningless attacks. It would seem that his approach is consistent with DrDre's attack on our friend and contributor Robin Hood - and it would not be a surprise to me if it is MedPen hiding under the skirt of DrDre.

Tesla, I thank you for pointing out that I am very much accountable to the entire membership on a daily basis as I quietly give advice and counsel and edit essays on a daily basis. The application cycle for this season has started for me in late May for both US applications and those applying in Canada who either want a head start or have sought my adivce regarding their last essay for an unsuccessful application.

There will always be such small minded and hateful people who attempt to cause trouble and erode confidence that is pplaced in me that I have earned through my diligent work in helping others along their path toward med school.

MedPen has chosen to relentlessly shame himself in the public forum by his low and unnecessary attack upon my honesty, my integrity and my expertise. He is amongst a tiny minority of people who do not deserve to be talked about. However, if he chooses to raises again any ugly and illegitimate attacks upon me, I will deal with him or ignore him if possible.

With the help of cherie, this thread returned to be a powerful source of goodness last night. However, MedPen decided to put a stop to it in a frustrated attempt to again pull me down. Alas, he damaged whatever reputation he may have had and he deserves public scrutiny. I do hope that he does treat his classmates decently and that he changes his ways as he must exhibit those traits expected of phyisicans not only with patients but in all his dealings with humanity. Unfortunately, in this anonymous forum, to quote his words, he is "not accountable to anyone" and so, chooses to present himself as some sort of critique of my expertise on medical admissions without having any facts whatsoever. There were other false assumptions he made about me that I will not go into, suffice to say, he does not know what he is writing about, but insists on making unfound, illegitimate, vexatious complaints.

Hopefully, this is the last we hear from him, but with such people, you never can tell.

Tesla and other members,

I fully realize that MedPen is confused and troubled with his multifaceted problems and that every aspect of his approach toward me has not the slightest legitimacy. However, he represents exactly that personality type to which you referred Tesla in your abovequoted post - someone who wishes to cause me trouble and harm by playing head games as so, so many haters have tried to do in the past. MedPen is representative of those haters who will always come out of the woodwork to try to undercut my valuable contribution to the community and all of these very same members make no contribution of a positive nature to our community ever! He is the lastest in a string of haters, many of whom are med students. :confused:

Strangely enough, amongst the top list of those usually in need of help are members who have PhDs, who need guidance to make an effective essay. I only mention this in passing as I seem to recall that MedPen was a PhD candidate who quit in the middle of his studies. He is, indeed, fortunate to have gone the route of a French speaking med school, as it is likely he would not have had the requisite skill to prepare the necessary written submissions in a competitive manner. This is just speculation on my part based upon my considerable experience; after all, MedPen has the arrogance to question my proven credentials on the public forum in a reprehensible manner.

I thought it best to throw it all out there so that the high audience of this thread can have the facts to judge for themselves the lack of merit of MedPen's meaningless attacks. It would seem that his approach is consistent with DrDre's attack on our friend and contributor Robin Hood - and it would not be a surprise to me if it is MedPen hiding under the skirt of DrDre.

Tesla, I thank you for pointing out that I am very much accountable to the entire membership on a daily basis as I quietly give advice and counsel and edit essays on a daily basis. The application cycle for this season has started for me in late May for both US applications and those applying in Canada who either want a head start or have sought my adivce regarding their last essay for an unsuccessful application.

There will always be such small minded and hateful people who attempt to cause trouble and erode confidence that is pplaced in me that I have earned through my diligent work in helping others along their path toward med school.

MedPen has chosen to relentlessly shame himself in the public forum by his low and unnecessary attack upon my honesty, my integrity and my expertise. He is amongst a tiny minority of people who do not deserve to be talked about. However, if he chooses to raises again any ugly and illegitimate attacks upon me, I will deal with him or ignore him if possible.

With the help of cherie, this thread returned to be a powerful source of goodness last night. However, MedPen decided to put a stop to it in a frustrated attempt to again pull me down. Alas, he damaged whatever reputation he may have had and he deserves public scrutiny. I do hope that he does treat his classmates decently and that he changes his ways as he must exhibit those traits expected of phyisicans not only with patients but in all his dealings with humanity. Unfortunately, in this anonymous forum, to quote his words, he is "not accountable to anyone" and so, chooses to present himself as some sort of critique of my expertise on medical admissions without having any facts whatsoever. There were other false assumptions he made about me that I will not go into, suffice to say, he does not know what he is writing about, but insists on making unfound, illegitimate, vexatious complaints.

Hopefully, this is the last we hear from him, but with such people, you never can tell.

Oh no, we're nowhere near done and we will never be because you live in utter denial with illusions of grandeur and that sh*t doesn't fly with me. You talk about my "multifaceted problems". Funny: have you met you?

Let's continue: in your second paragraph, you insult all PhDs, further proving how clueless you are. You know all of those textbooks you read and all of those journal articles you need to read? Let me teach you something: the majority are written by PhDs. I'd like to see you write something, have it peer-reviewed and then, we can talk about your non-existent "considerable experience". Anecdotal evidence does not constitute considerable experience. End of story.

Also, I'm not among a tiny minority of people who question your expertise. The majority of us have clued in that you're suffering from a god complex. You're a medical student, just like the rest of us. Yes, we all know certain things about the admissions process and the requirement. No, none of us can get anyone into medical school and none of us are (and should not be) playing the role of marketing firms and marketing anyone in their essays or otherwise. The one notable exception who thinks that she can market people and who thinks she's god's gift to the admissions process: YOU.

I see a problem there and I think you need to tone in down and realize that you're just a student who likes to think you're important.

Let us also remind everyone that you went the route of a French medical school even though you chose to imply, in your post, that anyone who did does not have the capacity to write good essays.

If people want to trust you, that's their choice but personally, I'm not going to sit here and accept any of your cr*p.

That's all I'm going to say on this topic. After this, I am done because anything I would have to say from here on, is not suitable for a public forum.

Utilisez un peu de bon sens et arrêtez de mettre de l'huile sur le feu. Est ce que vous avez vraiment besoin qu'un mod ferme un thread pour ne plus écrire dessus? F_D, sans attaque personnelle, je te conseille d'arrêter d'écrire dans ce thread et il va mourir de lui-même.

Seriously future_doc, it is because of people like you that this forum is loosing people... you might need to change the way you interact with people

EDIT : stop thinking your better than everybody else... this is completly false

+1 willz je suis totalement de ton avis.

P.S. It`s easy to pretend to be cool on the Internet. It`s all I have to say.

Utilisez un peu de bon sens et arrêtez de mettre de l'huile sur le feu. Est ce que vous avez vraiment besoin qu'un mod ferme un thread pour ne plus écrire dessus? F_D, sans attaque personnelle, je te conseille d'arrêter d'écrire dans ce thread et il va mourir de lui-même.

Now we have another idiot who comes out of the woodwork. Any way you slice it, this is now a dedicated hate thread and must be closed. For reasons only known to the mods, they are keeping it open. :confused: Please PM mods requesting it be closed. Provocative, incendiary posts will continue as this sickness spreads until the thread is closed.

PEACE

Now we have another idiot who comes out of the woodwork. Any way you slice it, this is now a dedicated hate thread and must be closed. For reasons only known to the mods, they are keeping it open. :confused: Please PM mods requesting it be closed. Provocative, incendiary posts will continue as this sickness spreads until the thread is closed.

PEACE

I agree, the thread should be closed, because of YOUR provocative and incendiary posts. You may not realize it, but they are the worst.

How can you think that you are the perfect and mature member when you take the time to write long post only to discredit MedPen? If you were as perfect as you seem to think you are, you would never have started trashing HER, you would never have cited member glorifying you to justify your attitude. MÊME si les membres t'insultaient sans raison, les insulter en retour n'est pas la bonne façon de régler le conflit.

«PEACE»

Archived