Premed 101 Forums

I need to transfer to Western U. My Gpa currently is a 2.45 (Failed Physics I dragging me behind). I am about to enter 4th year, My 3rd year average was 3.4. So it was a drastic improvement from my 2.3 and 2.1, 1st year and 2nd years.

I honestly speaking just need to get into a program, I was thinking Psychology or social sciences. Can someone please help.

I need to transfer to Western U. My Gpa currently is a 2.45 (Failed Physics I dragging me behind). I am about to enter 4th year, My 3rd year average was 3.4. So it was a drastic improvement from my 2.3 and 2.1, 1st year and 2nd years.

I honestly speaking just need to get into a program, I was thinking Psychology or social sciences. Can someone please help.

You need to speak with an academic counsellor. Also, I don't see how transferring will help you? You'll still have that GPA - you can't just leave it behind unfortunately. Why not just switch into psych at your current school? It'll be easier and might be the only option possible at this point.

You need to speak with an academic counsellor. Also, I don't see how transferring will help you? You'll still have that GPA - you can't just leave it behind unfortunately. Why not just switch into psych at your current school? It'll be easier and might be the only option possible at this point.

This is sound advice for the OP.

I'm not sure what your plan is, but right now your best bet might be to look at which med schools will give you a pass on those first three years, e.g. those that only look that your two best years, or last two years, etc. Policies may have changed significantly from when I was applying, so maybe someone with more recent experience would know.

I agree we naspec, speak with an academic counselor immediately.

Hey look: http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=728848#post728848

So it looks like Queen's does still have some kind of last two years policy, and AFAIK Western has a "best two years" thing going on as well. Unless you are the beneficiary of some massive in-province/in-region admissions advantage, don't waste your time applying next cycle, and instead take an extra year or two to really work on those grades.

Hey look: http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=728848#post728848

So it looks like Queen's does still have some kind of last two years policy, and AFAIK Western has a "best two years" thing going on as well. Unless you are the beneficiary of some massive in-province/in-region admissions advantage, don't waste your time applying next cycle, and instead take an extra year or two to really work on those grades.

Sure queens does have that - western and queens are the two most forgiving schools in terms of GPA actually. However you should also make sure you have the mcat scores as those are actually important at both schools for screening :)

Sure queens does have that - western and queens are the two most forgiving schools in terms of GPA actually. However you should also make sure you have the mcat scores as those are actually important at both schools for screening :)

Indeed- probably the most forgiving in terms of GPA but most difficult in terms of MCAT cutoffs.

Archived