Premed 101 Forums

What kind of Surgeon does cancer surgery?

Hmm I guess only certain areas have the "ologist" and the "Surgeon" - ie. Cardiology and Neurology.

It's just semantics. Otolaryngologists can also be ENT surgeons. Some specialize in microvascular surgery, others do radiation medicine. Some do plastics & reconstruction. They are both "ologists" and "surgeons."

Another example: Interventional cardiologists do certain surgical procedures: TAVI or TFVI procedures too, which are loosely surgical procedures too and largely separate from cardiac surgery per se.

Same with neurologists, some will do stenting/coiling.

Also Ophthalmology yes?

Tell me about the Pediatric residency too, what is the diff between that and Family Medicine residency?

Don't know much about the Physical Med & Rehab specialty either...

"Internal Medicine" residency what the hell does that mean...

What am I doing with my life...

alan-sugar-reading.jpg

Thanks but I don't see any descriptions in there, just residency match figures.

Ugh I guess I'll use this "google" thing everyone's been talking about.

Like I said, click on the specialty on the left side of your screen, then the school specific program, and scroll down- there's a curriculum description of each :)

Like I said, click on the specialty on the left side of your screen, then the school specific program, and scroll down- there's a curriculum description of each :)

Sorry I'm....I'm just a mess.

I still don't see how a "Physiatrist" differs from a "Physiotherapist".

Can you click the links for me too?

ha :) admittedly it can be a bit confusing in the beginning - there was a point where I thought you just went into surgery and later on picked your specific area (which is basically the old system of general surgery). We don't live in that world anymore

ha :) admittedly it can be a bit confusing in the beginning - there was a point where I thought you just went into surgery and later on picked your specific area (which is basically the old system of general surgery). We don't live in that world anymore

No I get it I'm just being a ****.:)

Archived