Premed 101 Forums

Written section of MCAT?

Hey all I have a quick question. I am planning on doing the whole 'write MCAT only for verbal' thing...but heres my problem/question .... what happens when you skip the written section/can you? Cause I was planning on just clicking a random answer for each question for the Bio and physical parts....but what can I do for written? Should I honestly give it a shot (even though it wont count for anything acceptance wise?) Can I just click 'next' (will it let me?) Insight from those who have done it would be very helpful please and thank you :)

Hey all I have a quick question. I am planning on doing the whole 'write MCAT only for verbal' thing...but heres my problem/question .... what happens when you skip the written section/can you? Cause I was planning on just clicking a random answer for each question for the Bio and physical parts....but what can I do for written? Should I honestly give it a shot (even though it wont count for anything acceptance wise?) Can I just click 'next' (will it let me?) Insight from those who have done it would be very helpful please and thank you :)

you can just submit an empty paragraph.

You can also just submit an incomplete bio section etc as well - you don't actually have to answer every question if I remember correctly.

They probably won't for the next little while because they believe that the MCAT VR is the best indicator for future medical success and that bio and physical sciences don't have the same correlation. I would guess there are not a lot of students who do this because you want to apply to as many schools as possible. Therefore it's probably not a very significant number of applicants who do this.

Q. Why the MCAT Verbal Reasoning? The Undergraduate Medical Program continually seeks ways to improve the admissions process, using an evidence-based approach to choose those tools that better predict for the future clinical skills and professionalism of its students. Emerging data has demonstrated that the Multiple Mini-Interview (MMI) and the Verbal Reasoning portion of the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) are the two best predictors of future success five years later on the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination Part II (MCCQE Part II).

http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/mdprog/selection_process_questions.html

I wrote MCAT only for VR.

In the written section I wrote something like this: I am writing this MCAT only for the verbal reasoning section so I'm not going to complete this writing section.

You can just leave it blank. Either way it won't matter.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived