Premed 101 Forums

Usually about a month or so between when you receive step 2 and when it is due. It consists of both the essay and your ECs, which I believe have a 500 character limit, while the essay is 1500 words. Be careful with the essay, because what word thinks is 1500 words is usually a bit over what the website for step 2 thinks is 1500 words. If you want to get a headstart, you can certainly do that, since the essay question is posted somewhere on the admissions website and it's easy enough to write out your descriptions of your ECs. Just make sure you have references for everything and the hours per week and when you started and a description.

Edit: Step two is out now, or it is in the process of coming out.

Do you mean when you look at the application through the same place where part one is processed? Because then you should ignore it because it was there last year. It states right on the main admissions page that reference letters have been eliminated.

What do they mean by credit hours? (transcript in step 2)

Most of my courses are 0.5 credits w/ 3 hours a week. So it'll be 3 credit hours or total of all the hours in the semester?

I think (not certain) that one credit hour is equivalent to a half-semester course, so you have 5 credit hours per semester and 10 per year for most full-time programs.

If someone has emailed admissions about this (or wants to), please let us know what they say!

Hey guys!

Just got a response from DalMed regarding credit hours. They first asked me the university I completed my undergrad in - University of Toronto.

I am guessing that it should apply to most universities but at least for me, they advised that a 0.5 credit course is equivalent to 3 credit hours and a 1 credit course is equivalent to 6 credit hours.

Hope this helps some of u!

Archived