Premed 101 Forums

Should I write MCAT or postpone it? I have 1 day to decide.

Oliver86

Hi there, I want to make it quick. I'm writing on Aug 4th. However I feel I am not ready and I need to study a bit more. The final date to make changes for in July 21st. Do you guys think I should write the MCAT or postpone it in order to reach my desired readiness. If I should postpone, do you guys think I can find a date later in August (I am writing in Toronto - 3080 Yonge St.)?

In general, what's the difference between writing on Aug 4th and say Aug 16th in terms of applying?

Thanks a lot for answering. I really need to know as I have only 1 day left to decide. Sorry If such a question is already answered somewhere else I couldn't find.

Ok thanks for replying guys. So let's say I won't do very well on Aug 4th, then do you guys think I should write it again or wait to see my results? :rolleyes:

Do a practice exam.

Do another practice exam.

If you get under 8 in any section on the second practice exam, postpone it.

Good luck getting a spot for later in August! I have August 17 booked since early May, and I really wanted to have later, but all were booked. Imagine you cancel your test and there is NO place to go to take the test during the time you want?

I'd write Aug 4 and if you don't think it went well, you can always void it. Since it takes 30 days to get your results, you won't have them in time to write another exam and make it for this application cycle.

Yes, UBC's MCAT score deadline is Oct 1st; therefore the last day you can write the exam is Sept 1st.

So are you saying that writing on Sep 1st and say Aug 23rd wouldn't make a difference? So for both I won't be able to see my mark before sending my applications for OMSAS and other schools?

I encourage you to visit each medical school's website that you are interested in and get the necessary information yourself and right from the source. I don't like seeing people getting potentially very important advice on an online forum for something that takes 2 minutes to look up from an official source.

Good luck getting a spot for later in August! I have August 17 booked since early May, and I really wanted to have later, but all were booked. Imagine you cancel your test and there is NO place to go to take the test during the time you want?

I'd write Aug 4 and if you don't think it went well, you can always void it. Since it takes 30 days to get your results, you won't have them in time to write another exam and make it for this application cycle.

I don't need to cancel one, I can simply switch my date if I find a spot. And people cancel/switch dates, so it's not that impossible.

You should definitely check to make sure there's a seat available before cancelling your current date hoping for another one.

It would be terrible to lose a spot in this year's cycle all together.

Are you sure you're not ready for the test? the mcat tends to make us feel awful about ourselves...

You should definitely check to make sure there's a seat available before cancelling your current date hoping for another one.

It would be terrible to lose a spot in this year's cycle all together.

Are you sure you're not ready for the test? the mcat tends to make us feel awful about ourselves...

I went to the mcat website to see how changing dates works. It seems that it's possible to switch the date and so if the other date is not available, it won't get switched. right?

I know it makes us feel bad but I haven't done much practice yet, I've been studying and I'm not done yet.

Archived