Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Update

Guest konverse

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest razanoor

congrats complacent....that is awesome...i think all of us who were posting over the last few days got in...that is just great...see you all there.

Guest juicyprunes

yay Orientation :)

So, can any current med students who got in off the waitlist offer any sort of comfort/encouragement to those of us who still have not received offers?...Should I pretty much give up hope now?

Guest summervirus

Never give up hope. There have been people that have been phoned up after school has started (during orientation week).

Guest razanoor

Hey guys....did anyone get the orientation package yet (from the ones who got offered last week)....i know they have taken out the money already but no orientation package yet.

Guest summervirus

To my knowledge, no such letter exists as some people are notified as late as after the first day of classes in the past.

Guest medsmurf

Hey all,

I am declining my spot at U of A and sent the letter off in the mail yesterday so hopefully an IP spot will open up for one of you soon.

Guest sukhbinder

Hey Guys,

I declined by U of A spot last Friday for UBC. Here's hoping that one of you OOP ezboarders will get the lucky phone call.

Y

Just wondering, are there any more OOP waitlisters out there?

Is it possible for someone to be accepted after receiving a rejection letter?

Guest smokeydx

Hey Togo,

According to some of the threads I've read here, it is possible as U of A had some years where they did call people who were originally rejected.

Cheers,

Guest juicyprunes

Hi Togo,

I'm guessing ~15% x 360 = ~50 - 60 OOPs were interviewed. The number of individuals on the waitlist would then be around 35 - 45 :) ....That's just a guess though!

Does anyone know if adcom is still calling more IP waistlisted applicants? I'm getting very tired of waiting :(

Guest ES614

First time replier... long time reader :D

I'm on the waitlist (which sucks)... its like waiting for pizza... I'm getting hungrier and hungrier and I hoping it tastes that much better when it arrives...

Anyways, I was wonderign whether they call "waitlisters" on a daily basis, i.e. right when someone rejects or in batches like every week or so?

Sunshine, did they tell you your spot on the waitlist after you got in?

Guest sunshine1084

They didn't mention what place I was -- but I didn't ask either...I think I was in a state of shock for a while and was lucky enough not to fall down the stairs (I was standing at the top of the stairs when I got the news).

This is pure speculation -- but I think they call in batches...but each batch probably takes a day or two to get thru.

Hang in there!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest juicyprunes

YAY!!! I just got in to today! Good luck to everyone who is still on the waiting list and hopefully there aren't too many people left :) .

Archived