Premed 101 Forums

August 10, 2012 MCAT

mikeb88

I have been following this thread for a while as well without posting, and I was wondering how hard/focused the BS section was on orgo? More or less than the aamc practice tests? Orgo is not my strongest subject...:(

It was my weakest subject so I studied it a lot in the past month... only to get about 4 or 5 easy orgo questions on the real test.

Yeah, but this one had a very different feel to it. I have no clue how I did, but there's no point in speculating too much about it. I'll just try to keep my mind occupied for the next month.

My thoughts exactly. I struggled with a few passages on PS, which kind of threw me off a bit. I felt like VR went well but you never really know with verbal haha. BS was Definitely challenging. I was a bit pressed for time in PS and BS which never happened during my practice FLs. It had a different feel than the full length AAMCs. Overall it went alright. Not my best test but I did my best and that's what matters.

Just a reminder, please don't discuss any specifics about the test on here. AAMC takes this stuff very seriously, and even discussing what types of questions there were can get you into trouble. For those writing in the next few weeks, good luck!!!

:(, on different days the test seems to be harder than other days and you still need to get close to the same number of questions right to do well, I'm not sure what to do now.

Scores are scaled based on how everyone else did as well, so they take difficulty into account. Just keep studying and practicing and you'll be fine :)

This is what I thought about the test. PS and BS were what I was expecting. VR- I have no clue at all how I did... missed the last question because of timing which was kind-of frustrating. I found that I could think of good examples for the essay prompts, but that's really all I can say. Guys lets keep in mind the "Examine Agreement" thing that we all agreed to before we took the test before we disclose anything that we shouldn't.

My best advice I can give is to buy the AAMC practice tests and do them online. I only bought 1 (Test 11) and it was really of very similar difficulty to the real thing.

I contacted AAMC regarding scaling and was told that the scale is based on the overall difficulty level of the questions and is not related to how other examinees in the past or at the test day perform on the test. This is contradictory to what I thought but that's what I was told by the AAMC :confused:

Sorry this seems kinda off topic: do you get to bring in your own pencil and eraser for the exam?

You're not allowed to bring anything into the exam, other than identification. I wasn't even allowed to bring in a water bottle or a small, clear plastic case for my earplugs.

Archived