Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances? (another..)

Recommended Posts

Hi all!


I'm not an Ontario resident but spent the first 10 years of my life in rural Newfoundland.


-GPA: 3.6 (undergrad degree + 0.2 since I did an MSc so 3.8); 3.9 (graduate degree)

-Lot's of ECs, work, and research experience (dance for 15+ years, camp counselor for 4 years, etc.)

-Have been working in mental health for the past 3 years (3 years at a mood disorders clinic and 1 year at a psychosis clinic as a symptom evaluator with direct, one-on-one contact with patients)


Any thoughts on my chances?


Thank you! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you living in Northern Ontario currently? If you look on the NOSM website at the demographics of each class, it's around 95% northern and the other 5 % is rural. So that's only approx 3 of the 64 seats for the non-northern applicants to compete for. That doesn't mean that you couldn't be one of them. I'm just passing the info along because it wasn't until I saw the stats that I really understood the degree to which context plays a role.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...