Premed 101 Forums

what courses to take

Ranjit4

Hello,

I will be entering my fifth year of undergraduate study this week. My objective this year is to achieve a high gpa so I can meet the cutoff for particular Canadian schools. I am currently enrolled in courses in which I believe I can achieve a high grade. However, I am also considering applying to US schools and I do not have all the pre-requisite courses completed (I still need full year physics and organic chemistry II). I know if I take these courses, my GPA will not be as high since, but I feel I shouldn't limit myself for the future. It seems there will be a trade-off with either option. Any insight on this matter will truly be appreciated.

Thank you

I have officially finished my degree this past year (which was my fourth year). So my degree requirements are done. In terms of prerequisite courses, I have a total of three remaining (Physics I and II and Organic Chemistry II) for US schools.

- I am taking upper year physiology, neuroscience and biochemistry courses mostly. I also have one social science course.

Ok so 7 courses total correct?

Personally if i knew phys and chem would drop my GPA I would do the following; Phys obviously is a full year so I'd go Physics, chemistry, physiology first term followed by physics, neuroscience, biochemistry and social science.

With the 3 courses on one term you're giving yourself more time to pay attention to that, unless you're trying to fully fill up your sched?

Archived