Premed 101 Forums

Hospital Gym Memberships

Guest Tantalus

Guest Tantalus

I was wondering how difficult it is for first year students to get a membership at the gym in the hospital (Pulse Generator)? Does anyone know if first years are ever able to get a membership and if so what is the best way of getting one?

Guest Tricolore20

I've heard it's somewhat difficult to get a membership at the Pulse, as a medical student. From what I have heard, they have a limited number of passes allocated for us. I've also been told that it's perhaps easier to buy one from someone who is selling theirs.

I would like to get one. It is in a convenient location, and well maintained, compared to the Van Vliet centre. However, I do understand why they need to limit the memberships they sell, as it is quite small.

ahhh, this is an age-old problem... I had to wait until February of first year to get my pass... and I had to send a whiny email to the 3rd and 4th years until someone sold me theirs... unfortunately, this practice is vilified by the upper years, and you might be faced with some hostile replies from them... they typically prefer to email US if and only if a pass actually becomes available

the legit way is showing up outside the gym on the morning of the 2nd Friday of every month, at which time they sell any student passes that have expired during the previous month... it's always a gamble to wake up early for that, however... I tried for three consecutive months to no avail before snapping and emailing the upper years

bottom line is, be patient... it's quite unlikely more than a handful of you will have one by Christmas... but be persistent and you *should* be able to leave Van Vliet in your dust by the end of Year One

and NO, mine is not for sale :P

Archived