Premed 101 Forums

Official U of Alberta Pharmacy Applicants of 2013

i.mourad

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! And polpark that is awesome news too!!!! Does anyone know if they send it to the people on the wait list right away someone declines or are they waiting until the deadline???

Thank you :) and again I wish everyone that is still in the running to do some breathing throughout the summer and enjoy it, and at the same time try not to lose hope.

I found out that I'm #200 or something on the list. So I think that's it for me. Good luck to everyone that's closer on the wait list.

timrim, if you still have undergrad years to go, there is still plenty of room for growth! I completed my undergrad and did an extra random year because i banked on going into pharmacy with everything, which made it extremely nerve wrecking. So if you dont have to gamble that much, then you're still good for next time!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! And polpark that is awesome news too!!!! Does anyone know if they send it to the people on the wait list right away someone declines or are they waiting until the deadline???

Rae said she will email us right away!

timrim -- So sorry to hear that. Good luck in anything else you do, or if you reapply next year! Don't lose hope!!

Clubsandwich -- That is absolutely brutal. You are a trooper!

timrim, if you still have undergrad years to go, there is still plenty of room for growth! I completed my undergrad and did an extra random year because i banked on going into pharmacy with everything, which made it extremely nerve wrecking. So if you dont have to gamble that much, then you're still good for next time!

Thanks a lot! Yea I've got a year left in undergrad. I can definitely bump up my GPA to hopefully a more competitive 3.6 or 3.7. I'm just gonna enjoy this summer and go hard next year. Good luck to all that are waiting and congrats to all that got accepted this year.

I just received my offer of admission today!! Dying of happiness. This means more and more people are rejecting their offers, I was originally ranked 141. There is still hope! For those who can't get ahold of Rae.. I called on a weekday around 11 and was able to talk to her. Maybe try calling around that time again?

I just received my offer of admission today!! Dying of happiness. This means more and more people are rejecting their offers, I was originally ranked 141. There is still hope! For those who can't get ahold of Rae.. I called on a weekday around 11 and was able to talk to her. Maybe try calling around that time again?

Congrats.

You should join the facebook group. :)

Must've been a brutal couple of weeks for you with all the waiting. Congrats!

Does anyone know if you can still reapply for pharmacy after not accepting the first time around?

Yes you can still reapply! If you want to make sure you can always call Rae. A friend of mine refused his acceptance because he wanted to finished his degree and got in the next year!

• 4 weeks later...

Got a rejection letter yesterday. That's two years in a row now. fml

Anyone else?

Congratulations to all who got accepted this year. I'm sure you all deserve it, and will become excellent pharmacists!

Anyone know if the talk about interviews next year is true or not?

• 2 weeks later...
Got a rejection letter yesterday. That's two years in a row now. fml

Anyone else?

Congratulations to all who got accepted this year. I'm sure you all deserve it, and will become excellent pharmacists!

Anyone know if the talk about interviews next year is true or not?

You will make it next year! I believe in you!

The talk about interviews is very true, a student asked Rae and she said the letter of intent will be removed and be replaced by MMI.

Good luck!! <3

Archived