i.mourad

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to post my stats. Here they are:

pGPA: 3.66

Two year full time GPA: 3.69

Last year GPA: 3.86

2 consultation forms: one from a community pharmacist and one from a clinical.

Job shadowing a community pharmacist.

Volunteering at the Peter lougheed hospital.

And last but definitely not least was the letter of intent. I'm pretty sure that's what sealed the deal with my application. It took me 4 months to write it (I know, I know..) but it was definitely worth the time. I can't stress this enough for future applicants, but the letter of intent can easily compensate for lower grades. Don't underestimate it's importance in the application.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Hmm I'm guessing the reason they were sending out admission letters during the weekend was to compensate for their planned holidays throughout the week.

Since they only did Saturday and Sunday, I'm guessing they're taking Tuesday and Wednesday off. Hope the letters start rolling out again tomorrow :(

Hopefully that's not the case as well. I emailed Rae Sunday Night and she responded monday afternoon telling me that all the letters have not been handed out yet. And given Monday was likely a day-off for the rest of the staff (assuming Rae is just putting in the extra hours), I think there is still hope for us assuming that everything wont be done within 1 day. I havent heard much changes since sunday, so I sure hope everything has been put on hold (instead of the fact that a lot of the previous contributors to this thread have already been admitted).

one of the accepted students talked to Rae and she said that there are 20 more emails to be sent out. Also, last year, around 30 of the accepted declined their offers, meaning that there are still ~50 spots left. Don't get your hopes up guys! hope to see all of you in September!

one of the accepted students talked to Rae and she said that there are 20 more emails to be sent out. Also, last year, around 30 of the accepted declined their offers, meaning that there are still ~50 spots left. Don't get your hopes up guys! hope to see all of you in September!

I think you meant don't lose hope! >_<

OMG...did you call?? Can I ask you what's your rank if you don't mind? Don't give up it's not a rejection!!! It's waitlisted so you still have a chance!!!

I can't call....I just can't make myself do it....

188 :( but I'd call it's actually nice just knowing honestly

@alfredsson, how did your physics course go?

It went extremely well, but I still hate it. Haha.

I'm wait listed rlly low maybe next year! Though she mentioned there are interviews nxt year

Wow, that sucks. :(

But you're only going into your second year, so you have lots of time. I'm sure you will get in next year, if not this year. :)

I called Rae today also. If you call and talk to her, and you're not one of the students admitted in the first round (for which she said, most emails have been sent out but not all), she can tell you your rank # out of all the applicants. If you're in the 130-140 range your chances of getting in are still quite high. She said last year 30 students declined, which means students ranked 131-160ish ended up getting in. Keep your hopes up guys, and good luck! She also said that 6 people declined already...

I called Rae today also. If you call and talk to her, and you're not one of the students admitted in the first round (for which she said, most emails have been sent out but not all), she can tell you your rank # out of all the applicants. If you're in the 130-140 range your chances of getting in are still quite high. She said last year 30 students declined, which means students ranked 131-160ish ended up getting in. Keep your hopes up guys, and good luck! She also said that 6 people declined already...

Did you get in?

She said I'm ranked 135 right now.... Fingers crossed. Ahhhhh :( The wait is awful.

Wait so wouldn't that mean you should be accepted? because technically,if 6 people declined, the top 136 should be in.

I got an acceptance letter at around 7pm today. I wish everyone else that is still waiting good luck and dont lose hope!

Wait so wouldn't that mean you should be accepted? because technically,if 6 people declined, the top 136 should be in.

I got an acceptance letter at around 7pm today. I wish everyone else that is still waiting good luck and dont lose hope!

I was 141 originally, so currently sitting at 135 as 6 people declined. Congratulations to you though! I am seriously hoping more people decline.. It will suck so much if I don't get in, knowing I was this close..

I was 141 originally, so currently sitting at 135 as 6 people declined. Congratulations to you though! I am seriously hoping more people decline.. It will suck so much if I don't get in, knowing I was this close..

Yes i know that must feel aggravating if you can't get in knowing you were so close. But if it helps, there are worse ways to go out. I was one of the few idiots that forgot to sign my letter last year so I was instantly DQ from the running. Was a brutal time when I found out.

Archived