Premed 101 Forums

Official U of Alberta Pharmacy Applicants of 2013

i.mourad

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was offered admission today!:D I'll post my stats later. I'm an OOP applicant.

Now for my stats...

I did a BSc Honours in Biomedical Biology at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario (but currently live in Thompson, Manitoba). My cGPA based on my two final years of my undergrad is 88.7%, which works out to be 4.0 based on this: http://www.efs.ualberta.ca/Intranet/~/media/English%20and%20Film%20Studies/Documents/Instructor/Grading_Chart.pdf

My prereq GPA is only 80.52%, which is 3.3 based on that chart I found.

Not that it matters, but I also have a MSc in Human Health and Nutritional Sciences by Course Work and Project from the University of Guelph in Ontario. My cGPA for that degree is 90.125% (4.0).

I don't have any pharmacy experience other than shadowing the pharmacists for the Pharmacist Consultation Forms (I submitted three). I think the adcom must have liked my LOI though.

Now for my stats...

I did a BSc Honours in Biomedical Biology at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario (but currently live in Thompson, Manitoba). My cGPA based on my two final years of my undergrad is 88.7%, which works out to be 4.0 based on this: http://www.efs.ualberta.ca/Intranet/~/media/English%20and%20Film%20Studies/Documents/Instructor/Grading_Chart.pdf

My prereq GPA is only 80.52%, which is 3.3 based on that chart I found.

Not that it matters, but I also have a MSc in Human Health and Nutritional Sciences by Course Work and Project from the University of Guelph in Ontario. My cGPA for that degree is 90.125% (4.0).

I don't have any pharmacy experience other than shadowing the pharmacists for the Pharmacist Consultation Forms (I submitted three). I think the adcom must have liked my LOI though.

I'm just wondering Tintin89, how much schooling have you done so far? It feels depressing now that I have already graduated and all. Did you always wanted to goto pharmacy or was it a gradual switch in mentality along the road for you during your masters?

Wow...i wonder if there was delay or they're still working on it today...I guess heres hoping for the rest of us. :(

Thanks Alfredsson for the quick response.

Yeah, don't worry. I'm sure there will be more offers in this week.

As for quick response, this is the only place where I get internet for the next 4 hours. :o

Got the good news this morning!

OOP applicant (BC)

Undergrad: Queen's University Life Sciences (Pretty insane pre-med course load and difficulty, but rounded with Language, Orchestra, History, Business courses)

GPA: I'd say 84-85% overall, pre-reqs weren't that great say avg 79% but I buckled up in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year and pulled everything up.

LoI: I'd say it was good. Had some creative answers.

2 consultation forms

0 reference letters

Honestly, you guys kind of scared me with the 3.7 GPA thing and I was like for sure I'm not getting in. But I got a welcome surprise this morning in my inbox :)

See ya in September!

I also got my email at around 8 this morning.

cGPA 3.8

pGPA 3.7

GPA from full time year 3.9

1 Consultation Form

Sketchy LOI

After yesterday, I actually felt like throwing up because of everyone getting offers and me not hearing anything. But don't give your hopes up! See everyone in September :)

Archived