Premed 101 Forums

Please Help? Should I choose psychology?

Hi everyone,

I will be applying to university very soon. It is actually my last year of CEGEP and I might finish CEGEP with a 31.5 or 32 R score, so I am obviously not going directly into premed. I need your advice, because I don't know what program to choose that might help me to get the highest GPA and CRU possible. To be honest, I don't know how they calculate each of those 2, because I have no experience and I don't want to regret my decision. I don't know which program I'll benefit from from the most. I was thinking about law at UdeM, but I've been told that it's WAY to hard, impossible, to get high grades, so I thought about PSYCHOLOGY. Then I heard that it's easy to get a high GPA, but that it's hard to get a high CRU and I really don't understand anymore and I need your help, because even if I like psychology, it's not the field I want to work in later, so I really need to be accepted into medicine.

a1b1, you said it all. :P

I just signed on to say exactly the same thing, but you beat me to it. :)

OP, this program is not easy, however, if you are prepared to work very hard and professionally, you can become a straight A student like us. It is also a great preparation for medicine! Few people have known about this excellent program, and depending upon your interests, you should dedfinitely consider it.

Good Luck! :)

ES can give you a potential Plan B leading to rehabilitation, OT, PT.

It depends upon your interests. For sure becoming an A student (and getting into medicine) is very doable with a strong work ethic. Bs are easy to obtain but to receive As, you must work incredibly hard always. In the end, it comes down to your interests and motivation.

Hi everyone,

I will be applying to university very soon. It is actually my last year of CEGEP and I might finish CEGEP with a 31.5 or 32 R score, so I am obviously not going directly into premed. I need your advice, because I don't know what program to choose that might help me to get the highest GPA and CRU possible. To be honest, I don't know how they calculate each of those 2, because I have no experience and I don't want to regret my decision. I don't know which program I'll benefit from from the most. I was thinking about law at UdeM, but I've been told that it's WAY to hard, impossible, to get high grades, so I thought about PSYCHOLOGY. Then I heard that it's easy to get a high GPA, but that it's hard to get a high CRU and I really don't understand anymore and I need your help, because even if I like psychology, it's not the field I want to work in later, so I really need to be accepted into medicine.

If you like research, there's Sciences biomédicales at UdeM.

ES seems to be a good program from what f_d and a1b1 say, but the IFG may be lower, and you're R Score is high. The bad side of SBM is that you can't do anything with this degree.

But honestly, I can't say which choice is better, I have done neither, but I'm not interested in sports so ES is out for me.

And about LAW, I heard that it is possible to get a high GPA by studying hard, because the IFG is very high, which is good i think. I really like law too, and if I am not accepted into medicine which is my priority, I wouldn't mind becoming a notaire or a lawyer. I would like to know if there is a possibility of getting a good CRU in UdeM LAW.

And about LAW, I heard that it is possible to get a high GPA by studying hard, because the IFG is very high, which is good i think. I really like law too, and if I am not accepted into medicine which is my priority, I wouldn't mind becoming a notaire or a lawyer. I would like to know if there is a possibility of getting a good CRU in UdeM LAW.

udemstudent1992 is studying Law at UdeM, he may be able to helo.

In such tough situations like this, if you are not sure in a fit position to decide with what you have to choose, leave it to your parent's or your teachers choice. Because they are most best persons who knows about you, and will support you all the way, My advice for you is follow their instructions strictly and scrupulously.:D

• 1 month later...

I think this is a questions which should not be asked to others. As this is your own and personal decision. You should chose and adopt the feild or subjuct in which you feel your interest is or which suits to your mental capabilities. Otherwise, if you will you will take sugessions from others in this particular matter, you might be in serious trouble.

• 2 months later...
I think this is a questions which should not be asked to others. As this is your own and personal decision. You should chose and adopt the feild or subjuct in which you feel your interest is or which suits to your mental capabilities. Otherwise, if you will you will take sugessions from others in this particular matter, you might be in serious trouble.

Thanks a lot you are right... I'm going to do psychology :) because I like it a lot

Thanks a lot you are right... I'm going to do psychology :) because I like it a lot

i'm liking the positive vibe... rmorelan would have to post THRICE just to match the above in terms of smileys. (i'm including your signature in my count; and assigning a value of one smiley/rmorelan post, obvi). you did it with one post

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I was a former business student who switched in psychology at Concordia. Contrary to the popular belief that psychology is 'easy', I can tell you that it's not.

Ultimately just like the others have said, it is a question that you should ask yourself and not from others.

Archived