Premed 101 Forums

McGill GPA calculation

Guest Guyver03

Guest Guyver03

I just sent in the McGill application form, and I'm going to FedEx my autobio letter to them next week. I'm wondering, my GPA at SFU is 3.51/4.33 (A+ is 4.33 and not 4.00), so I thought I might have a shot at McGill, but once I convert it to a 4.00 scale, my mark dipped to 3.49, right below the 3.50 mark. So how do they look at GPA from OOP people, and are they that strict that they would weed out people from interview if their marks are just below the requirement. Do you know LestatZenny? Thank you.:rolleyes

Guest LestatZinnie

in all honesty, i don't know how strict they are with respect to the GPA cut off. they probably have a predetermined number of people they want to interview, so the gpa cut off may vary from year to year depending on quality of applicants. all i know is that they don't use dat as interview determinant (at least not last yr), so i reckon they select interviewees based on gpa and personal statement. i dont think they hv higher requirement for oop since dentistry is not gov-funded like medicine.

i say don't sweet don't too much- everything is now said and done so just sit back, relax, and wait for the email in late Dec/Jan.

goodluck and let me know if u hv anymore questions!

Guest Guyver03

Thanks everyone, I tried to send email to them back in Aug and Sept, but they seem to never reply my emails, so I kinda gave up asking them. Anyway I'm just going to wait and see what kinda letter I'm going to get comes Dec/Jan. Have my fingers cross.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived