Premed 101 Forums

Is today the day?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was under the impression that GPA and MCAT is worth much less than your EC's and work experience

I think they give full file reviews to top w.e applicants in terms of gpa and mcat formula. My ecs were definitely above average. I'm collaborating with e health Canada in changing the entire medical software in Canada. This leads me to believe to the full review review given only to top academically stellar applicants

I think they give full file reviews to top w.e applicants in terms of gpa and mcat formula. My ecs were definitely above average. I'm collaborating with e health Canada in changing the entire medical software in Canada. This leads me to believe to the full review review given only to top academically stellar applicants

They fully review the file of everyone who meets the academic minimums on their website. Dal puts as much stock into the essay as the MCAT, and more stock into ECs etc than the GPA. They're pretty candid about how they weight each section.

WTF is this?!?!

Academics are only 25% at Dal, supplemental is 35%, interview is the other 40. Guess they didn't like the ECs? Or maybe the maritime connection, I hear they reallllly care about that for OOP. Also, they round GPA to the tenth, so 3.98 is the same as anything from 3.95-4.0.

Sorry to hear about your regrets (as well as others), hopefully other schools work out, we might still have a shot at being classmates yet depending on other schools invites!

REJECTED

OOP

4.0 cGPA

3rd year applicant

14/11/Q/12 = 37Q

Honestly I'm glad I got rejected. It would be a waste of my talent to attend this tier three toilet of a school. Not wasting my time & money applying to this pit again. I hope you enjoy the $150 Dalhousie, because you missed out bigtime here.

A touch unprofessional mate. ;)

REJECTED

OOP

4.0 cGPA

3rd year applicant

14/11/Q/12 = 37Q

Honestly I'm glad I got rejected. It would be a waste of my talent to attend this tier three toilet of a school. Not wasting my time & money applying to this pit again. I hope you enjoy the $150 Dalhousie, because you missed out bigtime here.

wow dude.........

REJECTED

OOP

4.0 cGPA

3rd year applicant

14/11/Q/12 = 37Q

Clearly they had excellent grounds to no offer you an interview. Also the app for Dal only costs $70.

REJECTED

OOP

4.0 cGPA

3rd year applicant

14/11/Q/12 = 37Q

wow..to even make your name this? DalhousieSucks..that is no way to be..plenty of great people just got rejected and are taking the news with maturity. Have some maturity..maybe that's why it didn't happen. Also I believe they rarely take 3rd year applicants. Just keep your head up and learn from this, trial run.. your reputation and what people think of you is everything. cool down, think, then post.

REJECTED

OOP

4.0 cGPA

3rd year applicant

14/11/Q/12 = 37Q

You mad bro?

+1 To see someone with such stellar stats rejected...

Haha I promise I'm not stellar... Like we said, my MCAT score didn't get much love because Dal's score they assign to the MCAT maxes out at lower scores anyways. I do think I have strong EC's, but my essay needed more work... I'm hoping my essays for UofT went better since I put a lot more time into them :o

Haha I promise I'm not stellar... Like we said, my MCAT score didn't get much love because Dal's score they assign to the MCAT maxes out at lower scores anyways. I do think I have strong EC's, but my essay needed more work... I'm hoping my essays for UofT went better since I put a lot more time into them :o

Best of luck! Hopefully we both get good news from UoT.

REJECTED

OOP

4.0 cGPA

3rd year applicant

14/11/Q/12 = 37Q

They definitely missed out. It would have been an amazing interview, and I'm sorry that you were unable to showcase your talents

Archived