Premed 101 Forums

undergraduate transcript

hakka

Hi guys,

I have a question about how much the undergraduate transcript weighs in the whole selection process. Is it only to indicate a red flag, or will it be used to chose one applicant over another.

Also, do you see a trend of more and more programs requiring your undergraduate transcripts in the future since most med schools in canada operate on a P/F system?

Thanks

I'm not too sure right now what I'm interested in right now. I find derm really fascinating, but it seems most of the derm programs in canada require an undergraduate transcript. My undergrad GPA is decent, but not exactly outstanding compared to everyone else in med school.

I saw that one programs even ask for MCAT scores along with your undergraduate transcript, which feels almost like applying to med school again.

I originally thought that everyone in med school started with a clean slate. I wonder if this trend will spread to all the canadian programs eventually.

I saw that one programs even ask for MCAT scores along with your undergraduate transcript, which feels almost like applying to med school again.

I originally thought that everyone in med school started with a clean slate. I wonder if this trend will spread to all the canadian programs eventually.

Yeah still for most that is true but certainly not always. I have said it before but this is just a logical counter move to a pass fail system. Those programs really do want to confirm they are getting the better academic students.

Archived