Premed 101 Forums

How many applicants get interviews?

yeah that would be more consistent - never a good idea to have early expectations - you spend all day clicking on your inbox instead of actually making sure this year is going well :)

It's definitely true that it's better to have expectations of it being later rather than sooner. However, last year invites went out Jan 31 and the year before I believe it was Jan 24. I can't make my brain un-know that. So as much as I'd like to think I could not focus on it until the 1st week of Feb and be pleasantly surprised if it's earlier, I am not that strong and will probably find a lot of reasons to check my email once the last week of Jan arrives.

It's definitely true that it's better to have expectations of it being later rather than sooner. However, last year invites went out Jan 31 and the year before I believe it was Jan 24. I can't make my brain un-know that. So as much as I'd like to think I could not focus on it until the 1st week of Feb and be pleasantly surprised if it's earlier, I am not that strong and will probably find a lot of reasons to check my email once the last week of Jan arrives.

Oh I know it is human - I am not saying I was that self disciplined either. We just have a tendency to lock on to the earliest time it was ever offered and start stalking our email accounts at that point. Ends of with a lot of people with ragged nerves overall :)

The letter we all received from McMaster stated that interviews will start early February.

me either.... ah well, I do not spend much time worrying. I have lots to keep my mind off of it.:)

Archived