Premed 101 Forums

UWO admission

Guest dent100

Guest dent100

Hi,

Does anyone know was is the cutoff of DAT-carving, reading, science & PAT for UWO?

Someone told me that it need 19 on both carving & reading (at least) to meet the cutoff. Is it true?

I'm not sure if they've changed the rules but I am aware that a few of my classmates had less than 15 on carving. I have the feeling that it's the total score that counts as opposed to individual categories. Hope that helps

Guest Plug Dis

Gee I hope so. I had 85 overall which I believe was the other cutoff but didn't get 19 in reading...far from it actually....I'll have my fingers crossed. Lates.

Plug

Guest Koggetsu

I think that the cutoff for carving is 12, and reading is like 18-19, however, I am not 100% sure so don't blast me if I'm wrong.

However, the scores are not concrete as my friend got an interview last year even though his reading score was below the supposed cutoff.

Guest Plug Dis

Hey guys,

I just talked to trish ashbury at UWO and she told me that the 19 on reading can be waived if you achieve a score of 85 overall.....basically none of your scores matter if you get an 85 overall.....there is a catch however.....she said that the people who get interviews with low DAT scores usually have quite high GPAs. She said that because I have an 89 average....I may get an interview eventhough I didn't get 19 on reading and I have heard the same thing from alot of the people who were interviewed. Good luck to me and everyone else who feels they may be shafted once again by the reading section. later

plug

Guest Koggetsu

How do they calculate the marks when considering the application? Is it the best 2 years regardless of which years or is it the least year + best year?

I forgot what the system is ?

• 1 month later...
Guest Francesco1001

I also have an interview in the early afternoon of the 26th.. Hopefully there is a lot of overlap in potential students between the two schools so a high proportion of people interviewed get in somewhere :)

Guest AHCHIU

For those of us who haven't had an interview yet....

how long are the interviews usually?

how do you go about prepping for an interview? mock interviews?

any replies would be appreciated

Guest durug

I have an interview on the 27th at western and I am from Toronto. I was wondering if they interview people from province on the 27 th and out of province on the 26th.I see that there are more people on the 26th.

Where are you from?

Archived