Premed 101 Forums

Gpa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Gpa is wrong :(. I applied for the 10 year exclusion and this was not done. They also used a year from another degree that was only part-time (3.5 credits) and they totally left off my Master's Gpa. Did anything like this happen to anyone else yet?

My Master's GPA (completed in 2011) was also left out, I emailed Adele to let her know.

My GPA is incorrect too (10-yr-rule). I emailed them, and I will have patience to hear back from Adele. However- if people DO hear back after emailing, can you post here? Maybe indicate when you sent your email to Adele, since the blog says they will address them in the order received. That might help our anxiety (for those of us who are looking to see a GPA boost when it gets fixed)!

Fortunately I'm busy enough with life stuff that I don't have time to obsess over it. :P

My GPA is incorrect too (10-yr-rule). I emailed them, and I will have patience to hear back from Adele. However- if people DO hear back after emailing, can you post here? Maybe indicate when you sent your email to Adele, since the blog says they will address them in the order received. That might help our anxiety (for those of us who are looking to see a GPA boost when it gets fixed)!

Fortunately I'm busy enough with life stuff that I don't have time to obsess over it. :P

I'm still trying to get thing sorted out. I broke down and called as Adele thought that it was being applied even though I knew it wasn't through just basic math (only one year had been dropped as a lowest year) and I was afraid that this was being overlooked after a series of email exchanges. I would stay on top of this as it seems to be a problem that they are having troubles working out. I sent her another email explaining further that it definitely was not being applied and provided the math so it was easier to see. On the bright side, they now have my MA included but still have not removed a part-time year from the calculations. :-/

If anyone who has applied for the 10 year exclusion has had success in getting their Gpa corrected could you please let us know. I'm becoming stressed. Lol

To the people waiting for replies. My GPA was also incorrect as they had failed to include my MSc grades- a degree I had already conferred. I e-mailed Adele about this on Friday, when we first originally received the e-mails. I e-mailed her I think within about an hour of receiving the e-mail though - in fact I was snowboarding and on the chair lift when her e-mail came through on my iphone! I never received a reply back from her, but my GPA was corrected within an hour of my e-mail (friday).

To the people waiting for replies. My GPA was also incorrect as they had failed to include my MSc grades- a degree I had already conferred. I e-mailed Adele about this on Friday, when we first originally received the e-mails. I e-mailed her I think within about an hour of receiving the e-mail though - in fact I was snowboarding and on the chair lift when her e-mail came through on my iphone! I never received a reply back from her, but my GPA was corrected within an hour of my e-mail (friday).

This was also the case for me. I did not receive a response from Adele, but my GPA calculation was updated to include my MSc grades. Unfortunately though, in addition to including my MSc grades, they also included summer courses and my lowest undergrad year which they were supposed to drop (as I have more than 3 completed full-time undergraduate years). I'll check again tomorrow morning to see if this is corrected, but if not, I guess I'll have to fire off another email to Adele.

Does anyone know if those who applied for 10 year rule are still able to have their lowest year dropped if they have have still more than 2 years of full time studies after the 10 year exclusion? I had been told that it was possible but this has not been done otherwise, all my other problems have now been corrected (part-time year removed, MA added, 10 year exclusion applied).

Does anyone know if those who applied for 10 year rule are still able to have their lowest year dropped if they have have still more than 2 years of full time studies after the 10 year exclusion? I had been told that it was possible but this has not been done otherwise, all my other problems have now been corrected (part-time year removed, MA added, 10 year exclusion applied).

This seems to have been done for me.

I got an email today from Adele, I think I emailed on Sat. My GPA should be OK now.

I believe that anyone accepted, who is currently in 3rd/4th year, will be required to provide a copy of their June transcript. A large drop in GPA in the current year would be cause for them to re-evaluate your acceptance (as it will be conditional).

Relevant sections:

"Transcripts for courses taken during the year of application must be submitted and must show maintenance of academic performance. Applicants who do not have a degree (at the time of application) are required to maintain a GPA of 3.2 or greater during the year of application (cumulative for

that year). Failure to do so will result in revocation of any offer which may have been made."

Okay, so as a fourth year student do I have to graduate at the end to maintain the weighting formula applied to my GPA? I'm not worried about a gpa drop, I'm just not sure I'll have completed all of my course requirements.

Edit: I contacted the office and I was told that students who are in 4th year but are not yet graduating should contact Adele to ensure the wgpa is correct.

Hello,

I'm anxious because of the calculated GPA on the website.

my GPA is off by 0.03, but I have a feeling that it will make a huge difference down the road and the thing is I replied after 11th!!!!

I didn't send an e-mail but saved it (!!) and didn't realize it until Monday... so sent it then with an explanation....

I'm not sure if this will be corrected and this makes me very worried.... anyone same problem?

Archived