Premed 101 Forums

Applied for 2013 Admission... let the waiting game begin!

Hi all,

So ... I guess the waiting game for interviews is up soon enough.

I've been a troller for a while but first time poster.

Stats:

Mature Student

Grew up in the north (including highschool).

two undergrad degrees (best GPA 3.3)

Will see how things fare out.

Goodluck to all!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Mature student too.......probably the oldest....

another 2 weeks approx..all the best to the ones applying....

We have someone in our class who I think is either 41 or 43 yrs old. Also a couple of years ago they had a student who was in their 50s.

I myself am 8 years above the average age and am 13 years older than my youngest classmates. Honestly it can play with your mind a bit sometimes but you learn to get over it.

• 2 weeks later...
Beef: what are the tells?? hahaha

I remember absolutely shaking like a leaf during the first question then after that I completely relaxed and started to have a lot of fun.

For me the worst part was waiting for the first station with my back to the door for about 3 minutes; my heart was pounding and I couldn't help but think 'what the hell am I doing here?!' haha.. but once it got started, you have to focus so much that you almost don't have time to be nervous. I also found it quite fun :) definitely going to be better prepared next year now that I know what to expect.

This week is the worst. Atleast on May 14th you know it's all going to happen within a few hours, as opposed to a potential week and a half

Ya very true! Though last May was the most stressed out I've ever been checking my email. Let's hope tomorrow we get some good news :)

Beef: what are the tells?? hahaha

I remember absolutely shaking like a leaf during the first question then after that I completely relaxed and started to have a lot of fun.

We cant give everything away :) Besides most of them are autonomic reactions that you wouldn't be able to do anything about, i.e. pupil dilation ...

This time next year many of you will be well into the neuro module amazed that only a year ago you were waiting for interview invites .... like me :)

I agree, way too much suspense. And a lot of apprehension after recent rejection from MacMaster. I am an older applicant...probably the oldest!! I wish everyone good luck.

I am not usually an anxious person but this week has just been brutal. Checking the mailbox and my email each hour waiting to hear. If it doesn't come tomorrow at least we'll have the weekend not to worry about it. It's been great having you all on here as I know you empathize. At 30 I'm a mature applicant as well. NOSM is my first choice as I grew up in a rural community and I lived in Tbay for six years, so I would feel at home if I went back there!

I hope we all find out soon one way or another so our restless minds can be at (relative) peace!

Archived