Premed 101 Forums

Applied for 2013 Admission... let the waiting game begin!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No e-mail yet either.....I do hope something comes soon to put me out of my misery, this is brutal just waiting.:(

I do not know when they send out emails to those who have not been accepted for an interview. However, just a couple things to check for those still waiting:

Make sure to check your spam filter. That is where mine ended up the first year I applied.

Make sure you are checking the correct email address (That happened last year. Beef was accepted to NOSM, but spent all day checking his personal email account, while I believe his acceptance went to his work account).

I wish you all the best, and hope you find out soon.

is it safe to say that if we have not receive an email yet that we are probably not getting an interview?? or does time have nothing to do with it? HELP! im going insane

I sent them an email yeseterday...and they said,

"Thank you for your application to the Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM).

The interview dates are as follows: March 23rd and 24th - Sudbury and April 6th and 7th - Thunder Bay.

The decision if an applicant has been granted an offer to interview or not invited for an interview will be sent out via email in the next day or two.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions again at admissions@nosm.ca

Best regards,

Admissions and Recruitment

Northern Ontario School of Medicine

Email: admissions@nosm.ca

http://www.nosm.ca

Toll Free: 1 800 461 8777"

So it could be today and tomorrow?

I know e-mails have gone out either for acceptance or rejection, but I have still not received word. I have left a message and have e-mailed twice.....is there anyone else out there still waiting to hear something????? I have gone back into my OMSAS account to ensure the accuracy of my e-mail address and it is correct. Sigh....

Not sure why this would be. All I can say (as much as I know this isn't going to alleviate your stress) responses aren't due until the 21st of February so you have lots of time to figure out what is going on. I'm sure the NOSM admissions office is flooded right now, try to be patient and give it a few days for things to settle down.

Not sure why this would be. All I can say (as much as I know this isn't going to alleviate your stress) responses aren't due until the 21st of February so you have lots of time to figure out what is going on. I'm sure the NOSM admissions office is flooded right now, try to be patient and give it a few days for things to settle down.

Thank-you so much for your response, and actually it does help alleviate the stress a bit. Take care.

It really depends what you want from the medical school. I'm from Thunder Bay and love it, but people from Sudbury probably love it there too. I don't think you could go wrong choosing either one. One thing that may be advantageous to Sudbury, is that it is closer to the Toronto/Ottawa/Southern Ontario area, which may interest you depending where you are from.

Archived