Premed 101 Forums

Transportation, Hotels, Social Events, Etc. for Interviews

I thought it may be useful to just create a thread for questions about all the little details of Radiology Interviews. (Hope this is the appropriate sub-forum for it.)

Please post any questions/comments/etc. regarding anything related to the logistics...

My question: For Dalhousie, in the initial email, we were told about Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites. It's very close to the hospital, and came recommended. The email said that there was even an airport shuttle that stops there, which would cost about $21 each way, and tickets could be bought in the airport near the arrivals door.

I've looked online, but can't really find any such shuttle service. I called the hotel, and the girl I talked to didn't know what I was talking about. She said it might be the shuttle that has now gone out of business.

Anyone else staying at this hotel, and know anything about this shuttle?

Alternatively, anyone arriving in Halifax on Jan 21 evening (flight arrives at 6pm) or leaving on Jan 23 (flight at 9am), who wants to split a cab?

I thought it may be useful to just create a thread for questions about all the little details of Radiology Interviews. (Hope this is the appropriate sub-forum for it.)

Please post any questions/comments/etc. regarding anything related to the logistics...

My question: For Dalhousie, in the initial email, we were told about Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites. It's very close to the hospital, and came recommended. The email said that there was even an airport shuttle that stops there, which would cost about $21 each way, and tickets could be bought in the airport near the arrivals door.

I've looked online, but can't really find any such shuttle service. I called the hotel, and the girl I talked to didn't know what I was talking about. She said it might be the shuttle that has now gone out of business.

Anyone else staying at this hotel, and know anything about this shuttle?

Alternatively, anyone arriving in Halifax on Jan 21 evening (flight arrives at 6pm) or leaving on Jan 23 (flight at 9am), who wants to split a cab?

That shuttle has gone out of business, largely because public transit now goes to and from the airport at a fraction of the cost.

Google HRM metro transport, and metroX (the name of the route to and from the airport). Costs 5 bucks I think.

Otherwise cabs offer a 53$ flat rate, and you can always find strangers at the airport willing to split.

That shuttle has gone out of business, largely because public transit now goes to and from the airport at a fraction of the cost.

Google HRM metro transport, and metroX (the name of the route to and from the airport). Costs 5 bucks I think.

Otherwise cabs offer a 53$ flat rate, and you can always find strangers at the airport willing to split.

well that is good to know :) Thanks!

Thanks for the info, hemoglobin!

How close does the bus stop from the hotel? I am supposed to stay there for an IM interview, debating between cab/metro.

From the Lord Nelson? The MetroX makes its last stop at Scotia Square mall. You're looking at a 10-15 minute walk to the hotel (provided you're not here during a blizzard), or a 5-7$ cab ride.

My advice would be to take the MetroX, and then tell the driver that you want to transfer to the 1 at the bridge terminal. Get them to give you a transfer and let you know when you're at the bridge terminal. Then get on the 1, and tell that driver that you're looking to get off as close to the Lord Nelson as possible. You'll get off right in front of a Subway/McDonald's on Spring Garden Rd. and your hotel will be just around the corner on your right. Really fairly simple (one transfer, and the 1 comes very regularly unless you're getting in super late), and will cost you around 5$.

From the Lord Nelson? The MetroX makes its last stop at Scotia Square mall. You're looking at a 10-15 minute walk to the hotel (provided you're not here during a blizzard), or a 5-7$ cab ride.

My advice would be to take the MetroX, and then tell the driver that you want to transfer to the 1 at the bridge terminal. Get them to give you a transfer and let you know when you're at the bridge terminal. Then get on the 1, and tell that driver that you're looking to get off as close to the Lord Nelson as possible. You'll get off right in front of a Subway/McDonald's on Spring Garden Rd. and your hotel will be just around the corner on your right. Really fairly simple (one transfer, and the 1 comes very regularly unless you're getting in super late), and will cost you around 5$.

Forgot to say thank you for this information. This was not easy to figure out by the transit website!

Archived