Premed 101 Forums

Decision letters

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MUN is my in province application. All of my other ones are OOP. I am going to have to wait for all the other schools longer. Realistically, I have so much to do before April that regardless of when they release the information the decision will be the same.

I know it is hard to be patient, but I suggest not thinking about it and just letting it come to you.

Best of luck everyone (:

Hi everyone!

Some of you have been wondering whether there are any 'Islanders' on the thread - this is my first time posting but I've been browsing for a while :)

I received a call today (simply regarding transcripts and the English prereq) and I took it as an opportunity to get the inside scoop about the admissions timeline. I was told that the admissions committee hopes to send out letters by the end of February..looks like we'll be waiting a little while longer!

Best of luck to everyone! I'll be sure to post when I hear the news. In the meantime enjoy beautiful February!

Hi everyone!

Some of you have been wondering whether there are any 'Islanders' on the thread - this is my first time posting but I've been browsing for a while :)

I received a call today (simply regarding transcripts and the English prereq) and I took it as an opportunity to get the inside scoop about the admissions timeline. I was told that the admissions committee hopes to send out letters by the end of February..looks like we'll be waiting a little while longer!

Best of luck to everyone! I'll be sure to post when I hear the news. In the meantime enjoy beautiful February!

soo sounds like they are behind if they are calling you now, could be positive for you though, contacted this close to decision letters?... Thank You for letting us know and keeping us posted.

Good luck!:)

PEI, they "should" get their letters first according to last year. But then maybe maybe they'll go electronic, probably unlikely.

I know, but IP is supposed to be March-April. Since they are kinda fuzzy on actual times, I now consider this in the air. lol

And it's MUN, we're all newfies, you're getting a phone call lol

I know, but IP is supposed to be March-April. Since they are kinda fuzzy on actual times, I now consider this in the air. lol

And it's MUN, we're all newfies, you're getting a phone call lol

Yeah...? ...NL will not hear anything for a while..unfortunately

http://www.med.mun.ca/Admissions/Important-Dates.aspx

Feb-March notification to PEI, NB, Yukon and other provinces.

April-May for IP NL results

Last year I believe everyone heard via registered mail (no phone call) and you had to sign for it whether accepted/wait-list or rejection which was different from previous years in which signing meant acceptance snail mail meant rejection..upsetting for some last year, as you can imagine.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that is how it worked, only phone calls for interview invite not final result, although I would be quite happy with a call before mail.

and newfies lol I don't get it, everyone seemed great when I was there:) I really did like the place though.

It's been registered mail for everything for at least a couple years now. I am pretty sure that they will continue this again. It's prudent because it provides proof that everyone was notified.

I looked over the past posts for timings and the letters seemed to go out end of February and beginning of May last year. I don't know if they'll be later or earlier this year considering the extra spots....

It's been registered mail for everything for at least a couple years now. I am pretty sure that they will continue this again. It's prudent because it provides proof that everyone was notified.

I looked over the past posts for timings and the letters seemed to go out end of February and beginning of May last year. I don't know if they'll be later or earlier this year considering the extra spots....

Interviews ended earlier this year so we were hoping for earlier decision letters too.

Hey everybody! I have some information that should be helpful to everyone wondering about the final letters being sent out. I was told by the admissions office today that acceptance/waitlist/rejection notifications are being sent by priority mail and you should not have to sign for it. But here's the best part...they told me that all letters (both IP and OOP applicants) will be sent out at the same time by the end of March. Hopefully this info eases the suspense a little, especially for us IP applicants who weren't expecting to hear until April or May.

Hey everybody! I have some information that should be helpful to everyone wondering about the final letters being sent out. I was told by the admissions office today that acceptance/waitlist/rejection notifications are being sent by priority mail and you should not have to sign for it. But here's the best part...they told me that all letters (both IP and OOP applicants) will be sent out at the same time by the end of March. Hopefully this info eases the suspense a little, especially for us IP applicants who weren't expecting to hear until April or May.

:eek: MIND BLOWN! thank you so much for sharing your info! I bet this makes you IP very happy!

:eek: MIND BLOWN! thank you so much for sharing your info! I bet this makes you IP very happy!

No problem. I'm assuming this info is reliable as it came straight from admissions. If I find out anything else I'll be sure to post it. I guess the early interviews this year did help speed up the process. If anything, it gives unsuccessful applicants an extra month or two to consider backup options...but let's not worry about that for now and stay optimistic! :)

Kind of disappointing, I interviewed November 9. It has already been 3 months... I heard a week or so ago admissions office said first or second week of February. Then an Islander heard this week that they wanted to get them out before the end of February, and now we have to wait until the end of March.??:confused: as to what is going on... hmmmm Anyone else hear anything?

Kind of disappointing, I interviewed November 9. It has already been 3 months... I heard a week or so ago admissions office said first or second week of February. Then an Islander heard this week that they wanted to get them out before the end of February, and now we have to wait until the end of March.??:confused: as to what is going on... hmmmm Anyone else hear anything?

I feel ya..

yeah.. disappointing for us in the OOP group.. i wonder if they know the OOP decisions but just want to release it all at once? this wait is terrible. but im happy for the IP group, a nice surprise for them.

Unfortunate for us OOP applicants. Though this information completely contradicts what someone was told only a week before:

Hi everyone!

Why would the admissions committee decide to wait the extra time? I'm sure they have most of the OOP competitions figured out by now (especially if the original plan was to get them out by the end of February).

On another note, has anyone heard of any of their verifiers getting contacted from MUN? I've heard a couple of mine have been contacted by Dal but haven't heard anyone say anything about their verifiers being contacted from MUN? Are they normally pretty light on the verification front?

I think MUN tries to send out OOP results within the 2 week acceptance window of Dal's results. Since Dal very recently announced it will release results on March 15th, perhaps MUN feels safe to send out acceptances anytime between now and the end of March. If they are trying to send out IP at the same time as OOP, maybe that is why they are feeling a little pressed for time.

Archived