Premed 101 Forums

Decision letters

I think MUN tries to send out OOP results within the 2 week acceptance window of Dal's results. Since Dal very recently announced it will release results on March 15th, perhaps MUN feels safe to send out acceptances anytime between now and the end of March. If they are trying to send out IP at the same time as OOP, maybe that is why they are feeling a little pressed for time.

I thought the exact same thing when Dal announced the later March 15 results date. It seems they may favor releasing before Dal at least for OOP so I wonder if it will be closer to the beginning of March? #graspingatstraws :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well judging from ethic of making students decisions more informed, I would assume it would be +/- 14 days from Dal's date. This would allow students to cancel at one and accept at the other without having to place a down payment.

I think someone mentioned all of the acceptances are going out at the same time this year? Can anyone speak to the validity of this?

I think someone mentioned all of the acceptances are going out at the same time this year? Can anyone speak to the validity of this?

Honestly, I don't think that is correct. When my friend asked admissions directly (about the march decision letters for everyone suspicion),all that was said was nl applicants who had an interview will know by the end of may (yes..... May). Straight from the admissions office. No more. No less. No info or details.

So I think that all of these speculations are just heresay right now. It would make sense that OOP hear in march, but not for IP.

I think we all need to stop worrying and just be surprised when we get a letter someday! Hahah as sucky as that is:confused:

Honestly, I don't think that is correct. When my friend asked admissions directly (about the march decision letters for everyone suspicion),all that was said was nl applicants who had an interview will know by the end of may (yes..... May). Straight from the admissions office. No more. No less. No info or details.

So I think that all of these speculations are just heresay right now. It would make sense that OOP hear in march, but not for IP.

I think we all need to stop worrying and just be surprised when we get a letter someday! Hahah as sucky as that is:confused:

for real..It has been very confusing. I am a fan of the surprise attack, hopefully sooner than later. When did your friend speak with admissions?

He asked them today. He was looking to clear up the confusion surrounding all this but alas, that is all admissions said

THANK YOU!!!

I know last year results were dated Feb. 22 for OOP and were received a couple of days later. OOP interviewed I think like a month earlier this year, and I do know people who heard "by the end of Feb. for OOP" but this was at least a week ago. IP letters were received around May 7 I think? and you guys also interviewed earlier as well...

OK I just called and they said by the end of April but they said they had no specifics on OOP.

Maybe they want everyone done by end of April (IP) but OOP will be sooner???

Or they are trolling us hard...hahahahahaha

I am sure they just want everyone to stop calling! They are just going to say what is on the website, I'm sure they are working to get through the applications as efficiently as they can (although that might not be easy with the phone ringing off the hook!), haha

I am sure they just want everyone to stop calling! They are just going to say what is on the website, I'm sure they are working to get through the applications as efficiently as they can (although that might not be easy with the phone ringing off the hook!), haha

true :D

I have been hearing so much I had to call, and it did not help. A blog/facebook/twitter would be useful in relaying info and setting timelines straight.

sidenote: I have never called or bothered any other school hahaha

I stopped by admissions today because I had to update some contact info for one of my references. I also asked about letters again to hopefully clear up some confusion. I was told for the second time that OOP and IP letters were hoping to be sent out together and it's looking like April now but that "anything could change between now and then".

Honestly they are going to be losing deposit money if they wait until after Dal releases. Personally If I get accepted anywhere, I will paying that deposit ASAP regardless. Perhaps they do not want to give out specifics. I do not know how they can go from the situation last year to this year.:confused: oh well. I have a family to support so I am quite anxious as to what this next year holds for us.

Agreed. I doubt it is them being benevolent, but had they let the OOP pool know as early as we expected, they would have made themselves a pile of cash regardless of whether or not the applicants planned on attending. Seems like poor business sense to me.

I don't think it's part of MUN's business plan to release the letters early and rake in the deposits. They might operate according to their own schedule and send out the letters when they've determined the best class... Just a thought!

Archived