Premed 101 Forums

Decision letters

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! And same to you! I know 2 applicants who were accepted, also some strong ones who were wait listed. A friend of mine who is in M1 there told me that it is a very tough year for NB applicants.

hmmm a lot of applicants? Also does anyone mind disclosing where they are located in NB? maybe some of us know each other:cool:

good ol SJ here, I only know one other person from SJ with an acceptance. I heard of someone else from Freddy beach who got in that I do not think has posted anything about it... so that's 2 here so far and 3 or 4 up your way. There may also be people who missed their letters yesterday. I wonder if Memorial has a FB group for us 2017 ers yet..lol

Also, how is everyone sending their response forms? and...for application for admission is it the Fall 2013 year? That's what I took it as.. and are we newbies supposed to leave our student ID number blank? or have we been given one? I looked through some e-mails and couldn't find it.

im going to courier everything. leave the id blank that is only for mun students. and im sure they mean fall 2013 entry

im going to courier everything. leave the id blank that is only for mun students. and im sure they mean fall 2013 entry

I will do the same! Thank You:D

Also are we automatically considered for scholarships? and when does that info come out and results? not for some time I am sure but I was wondering if anyone knows?

I think the OOP applicants from other provinces (like Ontario) are going to be waiting longer.

Color me jealous everyone.

Big congrats to all NBers who got accepted, even waitlisted! There are some who will go to Dal instead and the list will move!

To OOP/PEI - you will learn soon enough. Fingers are crossed for you.

The admission staff at MUN for IP say: You will know the decision by the end of MAY. UGH! Seriously long wait. 7 months (You've got to be kidding me!!)

Oh well, nothing I do now changes that fate (:

The admission staff at MUN for IP say: You will know the decision by the end of MAY. UGH! Seriously long wait. 7 months (You've got to be kidding me!!)

One of the crappy things with the late date is that if you get an admission offer from some other schools (say Dal) but would prefer going to MUN, you still need to pay the down payment to hold your Dal seat since the reply deadline for Dal OOP is before MUN releases IP admissions.

I just sucked it up and paid when it happened to me.

It really would be nice if MUN released IP earlier.

One of the crappy things with the late date is that if you get an admission offer from some other schools (say Dal) but would prefer going to MUN, you still need to pay the down payment to hold your Dal seat since the reply deadline for Dal OOP is before MUN releases IP admissions.

I just sucked it up and paid when it happened to me.

It really would be nice if MUN released IP earlier.

I know! The reverse is true as well! But, the MUN downpayment is only 200. A LOT less than other schools; say, U of Ott.... 1000. -.-

I know! The reverse is true as well! But, the MUN downpayment is only 200. A LOT less than other schools; say, U of Ott.... 1000. -.-

true story, even though that 200 was the last of our money until bursaries come in I did not mind paying that as a down payment at all. I will be losing that money if I get accepted and choose to go to Dal. The papers and deposit needed to be in within 14 days from the dated letter and a few days from that date is when dal will release results hahaha oh well, I am happy with either!

I hope the wait will not be long for everyone else!

true story, even though that 200 was the last of our money until bursaries come in I did not mind paying that as a down payment at all. I will be losing that money if I get accepted and choose to go to Dal. The papers and deposit needed to be in within 14 days from the dated letter and a few days from that date is when dal will release results hahaha oh well, I am happy with either!

I hope the wait will not be long for everyone else!

Maybe I mispoke. What I meant was, 200 is nothing compared to the other schools so I wish MUN released earlier so I could get myself a solid spot without having to fork over an arm and a leg.

Maybe I mispoke. What I meant was, 200 is nothing compared to the other schools so I wish MUN released earlier so I could get myself a solid spot without having to fork over an arm and a leg.

Oh yes, we are on the same page lol. I did mean it was not much compared to the other schools so I did not mind paying it, still the last of my money though hahaha

Haha yes, it seems that everyone hears something different. When a friend of mine emailed to ask, all admissions would tell them was that all IP would know by the end of may.. Repeat: may. Hahahah. Happy waiting!

Waiting is so hard! I heard from a classmate who called the admissions office in December that they apparently answered March, but I doubt if that's true. I'm mentally preparing myself for May... It's hard to do!!

Archived