Premed 101 Forums

UAlberta OT Application Status

Yes I expect we won't find out about admissions for awhile. I called the office to ask why it was taking so long for my application to be updated and they received way more applications this year then in past years so everything is taking longer than usual.

ahhh, thats unsettling. I'm hoping the amount of applicants stay around the same for the other schools I applied to.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, everyone please let us know if you hear anything!..Even though that might make me even more anxious if I don't hear something too haha

I keep telling myself that there is no way I will hear anything before the end of next week and that even then I might not hear anything until even later....but still can't resist the urge to keep checking my email and mailbox!

I really hope I hear something before mcmaster sends out their interviews... because I really don't want to fly all the way there if I get into UofA

Yes I expect we won't find out about admissions for awhile. I called the office to ask why it was taking so long for my application to be updated and they received way more applications this year then in past years so everything is taking longer than usual.

I just got a call from the office regarding my application.(:eek: My heart almost stopped, but they just wanted to check something.) They told me that they received over 600 applications, so like we already know, everything is taking longer. They will start notifying successful applicants in early April.

This is really killing me, I mean killing US !!!

I just got an email today telling me I am being recommended for admittance! They say that a letter will be mailed to me starting in April, and once the faculty reviews my application in a few weeks I will receive a letter welcoming me to the program.

Congrats! I did too. It's a huge relief :) But does it mean that if the faculty doesn't like your application they could still reject you...?

Congrats! I did too. It's a huge relief :) But does it mean that if the faculty doesn't like your application they could still reject you...?

Congrats to you too! Yeah i wasn't very clear on that either...from my understanding, it sounds like our acceptance has passed through a kind of screening process, and are being recommended to the Faculty who have the final say in the matter. I would assume that this means that we can still be rejected by them, but the email sounded pretty positive, let we are already in or something. What I am wondering now is if our grades from our final semester are relevant, or if we are being accepted based on the GPA that we have so far...Anyone have any ideas?

Congratulation for those who got the email today!!!

I haven't even thought that I would get the early acceptance though, honestly..little bit upset. Well, but I know I have to be patient. :D

Could you kindly let us know what is your GPA for early acceptance please?

I emailed them asking for confirmation about what the email means and just thought that I would let you all know what their response was:

"Yes, your application still needs to be reviewed at the Faculty, but you have been admitted. As mentioned in the e-mail, details of your admission will be in the letter that will be sent to you next week."

So I think that means we are pretty much in!

Congrats to those of you who got in! That is so exciting :) I would love it if when you get your acceptance e-mail you would say what your gpa was...if you dont mind of course! Mine is only 3.58, and im worried with all the applicants that this might not be competitive this year!

Hey,

Congrats to all those who got their admission letters!

I am wondering if you are all Alberta residents?

I have a high gpa (3.95), but I am out of province. Trying to make sense as to why I didn't get an email...:confused:

Maybe next round:)

Archived