Premed 101 Forums

UAlberta OT Application Status

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey,

Congrats to all those who got their admission letters!

I am wondering if you are all Alberta residents?

I have a high gpa (3.95), but I am out of province. Trying to make sense as to why I didn't get an email...:confused:

Maybe next round:)

I am wondering the same thing. I guess we have to wait for the next round. I'm not from Alberta either. Did you apply to other schools?

Hey,

I have a high gpa (3.95), but I am out of province. Trying to make sense as to why I didn't get an email...:confused:

This might be obvious, but did you check your junk mail? That's exactly where my email ended up..

I'm a student from Ontario and I was accepted with a GPA of 3.86, so I can't understand why you wouldn't have received an email either! Alberta explicitly states that beside the 15 spaces reserved for Saskatchewan students, "all applicants from across Canada and other countries are reviewed together and will compete for the 100 spaces" ... so that shouldn't be the issue :confused:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback!

My university email doesn't have a junk folder, so I should have received an email directly in my inbox.

That's ok. I did apply to other schools.

I will keep my fingers crossed:)

Hey,

That seems strange...could it be something with the statistics prerequisite? That's an amazing gpa, good job (:

I think it may be the course load.

I am a mom of three, so most of my semesters ranged from 3 courses/semester to 4 courses/semester.

I wonder if this may be the case. They don't feel I can handle it?

Just wait and see:)

I did apply to others. UBC waitlisted, but Dalhousie has yet to say anything?

Oh, and just completing a third stats course, so I don't believe that would be it.

Hey guys,

I'm a first year OT student at U of A who was in your stressful position this time last year. For this reason, feel free to send me a private message with any questions relating to the program or the admission process. Since I was admitted in the final round of letters, I should be able to help you out a bit.

Hey guys,

I'm a first year OT student at U of A who was in your stressful position this time last year. For this reason, feel free to send me a private message with any questions relating to the program or the admission process. Since I was admitted in the final round of letters, I should be able to help you out a bit.

Hi there,

Just curious when the final round of letters were sent out last year (if you can recall)? Looking for an idea on time frame.

Thanks and hope your first year has been a good one:)

I haven't gotten my acceptance letter in the mail yet. Am I the only one?

I was just going to ask the same thing!

Haven't received mine yet either.. I'm OOP so I'm expecting to receive it a couple days after IP students do.

Please let us know if anyone receives theirs! :)

Okay that makes me sort of relieved:p I was going to email the admissions office. I'm from Ontario, so I hope that's the reason why!

I'm from Ontario too! :D

Will post on here when I receive my letter. The email said it would be sent out "sometime" during the first week of April. Maybe it's just taking it's sweet time to actually get to us

Hi there,

Just curious when the final round of letters were sent out last year (if you can recall)? Looking for an idea on time frame.

Thanks and hope your first year has been a good one:)

The last round that involved multiple people was sent out mid-July last year. Some people did not find out until 3-5 days before orientation week though due to people cancelling and adding an additional 2 spots to the Calgary cohort last minute. They initially told me in May that I did not get in (although I never received a formal letter with this information), just a warning that it can be quite late if you're close to the cut off

I applied for the Calgary cohort and have been accepted; however, when I asked if I had been accepted to Calgary or Edmonton they said that due to budget cuts they might not be offering the Calgary program and that it might not be until June or July that we know!

There's definitely a Calgary cohort, and I'd definitely recommend it!

The last round that involved multiple people was sent out mid-July last year. Some people did not find out until 3-5 days before orientation week though due to people cancelling and adding an additional 2 spots to the Calgary cohort last minute. They initially told me in May that I did not get in (although I never received a formal letter with this information), just a warning that it can be quite late if you're close to the cut off

Thank you, OTyear1:)

My fingers are crossed. I ,too, chose Calgary, but I didn't receive an email the first round.

Did you find the first year intense with a lot of work?

Archived