Premed 101 Forums

UAlberta OT Application Status

Hm...What kind of residences you applied for? Seems like I won't get one.

Oh, hope you hear from the program soon!

Graduate residence - 778 a month, which seems crazy but I mean I'd be coming from Ontario, until I found a house I think rez would be the only option.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Michelle confirmed today that I am on the waitlist but cannot tell me where - I think I will hold the spot until it expires, and then work something out when and if I hear something :confused::)

Did you just simply email Michelle to find out that you were on the waiting list? or did you call? BTW, it sucks that she doesn't tell you where you are on the waitlist!

Did you just simply email Michelle to find out that you were on the waiting list? or did you call? BTW, it sucks that she doesn't tell you where you are on the waitlist!

I actually emailed to see if she had any suggestions on what I should do with my residence acceptance and this was the response:

"I can only tell you at this point that you are on the waiting list,

but there is no guarantee that we will be able to offer you a space in

our program. We can potentially contact waiting list students right

up until the last week of August if we have a successful applicant

decline at the last minute.

I agree that $800 is too much money to gamble with. If you are

potentially admitted later on, perhaps you can use the housing

registry or contact other newly admitted students and find a rental

together?"

I actually emailed to see if she had any suggestions on what I should do with my residence acceptance and this was the response:

"I can only tell you at this point that you are on the waiting list,

but there is no guarantee that we will be able to offer you a space in

our program. We can potentially contact waiting list students right

up until the last week of August if we have a successful applicant

decline at the last minute.

I agree that $800 is too much money to gamble with. If you are

potentially admitted later on, perhaps you can use the housing

registry or contact other newly admitted students and find a rental

together?"

Ughh I wish UofA had a deadline to let us all know whether we've been rejected/accepted. the thought of this process going on until August is unbearable!

Ughh I wish UofA had a deadline to let us all know whether we've been rejected/accepted. the thought of this process going on until August is unbearable!

Agreed! I don't know about you, but I'm from Ontario and don't think picking up and moving to Alberta on a weeks notice is really a possibility lol

everyone who applied will know by June 30....rejections, acceptance letters and those on waiting list will know by then. at this time all spots have been filled. those on waiting list will only be accepted if those already accepted decline their offers.lowest accepted GPA so far is 3.4. I went to U of A and talked to a senior person this afternoon. good luck to you all.:eek: :eek:

I find it odd that they don't email you to tell you if your on the waitling list or not. UBC's process seemed so much organized. Anyways, I just emailed Michelle to see what my standing is...my gpa is around yours I think Mhunte so hoping im at least on the waitlist as well!

I find it odd that they don't email you to tell you if your on the waitling list or not. UBC's process seemed so much organized. Anyways, I just emailed Michelle to see what my standing is...my gpa is around yours I think Mhunte so hoping im at least on the waitlist as well!

Well Sea Gal said she'd heard they had in fact sent some rejections which leads me to think if you've heard nothing you're somewhere on said waitlist. And hm a 3.4 was the lowest accepted so far this year?- I would think that has got to be good news, things should really get moving once Ontario sends out their acceptances on Friday.

Someone with a 3.4 gpa has already been accepted? Last year the lowest accepted...at the very end was 3.47...I thought they did this almost strictly gpa based? I am so confused. Heres to hoping good things happen for us on Friday :)

Yeah I find that really hard to believe, but maybe that person had outstanding EC's and essays? But yeah I mean if that is true I would say we have a good shot, let me know if Michelle gets back to you about where you're placed on the list. Positive thoughts :)

Hey, if you guys are worried about finding housing, there are always options on the students union website here:

http://www.rentingspaces.ca/search.htm?area=Edmonton&ref=2&zone_id[]=1&_search=Search

The grad residences are pretty nice and very convenient, but more expensive than they should be, but either way you should be able to find a place. There is also a building right across from the OT building called Windsor Park Plaza, a lot of students chose to live there because it's so close as well.

I went in to talk to Michelle yesterday and she told me with my 3.7 GPA I'd probably get waitlisted... I was pretty disappointed. I've gone to the UofA for 6 years now and I love it, but I've been accepted to UofM and Dal already and I feel like I might end up moving after dealing with the UofA's OT application process. She told me that they have offered about 100 people spots already, but after med school admissions yesterday lot's of people will end up rejecting their spots. She also told me that there were already 80 people on the waitlist however, and they would re-evaluate in June and possibly send out more offers then. It didn't sound very hopeful!

Hey, if you guys are worried about finding housing, there are always options on the students union website here:

http://www.rentingspaces.ca/search.htm?area=Edmonton&ref=2&zone_id[]=1&_search=Search

The grad residences are pretty nice and very convenient, but more expensive than they should be, but either way you should be able to find a place. There is also a building right across from the OT building called Windsor Park Plaza, a lot of students chose to live there because it's so close as well.

I went in to talk to Michelle yesterday and she told me with my 3.7 GPA I'd probably get waitlisted... I was pretty disappointed. I've gone to the UofA for 6 years now and I love it, but I've been accepted to UofM and Dal already and I feel like I might end up moving after dealing with the UofA's OT application process. She told me that they have offered about 100 people spots already, but after med school admissions yesterday lot's of people will end up rejecting their spots. She also told me that there were already 80 people on the waitlist however, and they would re-evaluate in June and possibly send out more offers then. It didn't sound very hopeful!

Thank you for this information - since it isn't looking all that promising I let the spot go. If things change I will just look for housing.

Hey Mhunte, so Michelle basically said besides the applicants they gave spots to nothing else has been finalized. They are doing another review of applications in June and final offers, refusals, and an official waitlist will be put together then.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if any of the successful applicants are still waiting to hear from the faculty. I still haven't heard from them, and it has been over a month since I sent in my confirmation form (they cashed my cheque-so it wasn't lost!). It would be nice to hear soon about registration details!

Archived