Premed 101 Forums

converting gpas : 9.0 to 4.0

Guest deeja1030

Guest deeja1030

i was wondering if canadian schools use the same conversion methods as the AADSAS where

A+ = 4.3333

A = 4

B+ = 3.333 and so on..

thanks a lot for any help

Guest apical meristems

Hey there deeja,

I'm a little lost with your message. Each school in Canada has its own grading scale (e.g. The University Saskatchewan uses percentages while the University of Toronto uses the alpha/four point scale). Which schools are you applying to and what school/grading system are you coming from? the 9 point scale?

Cheers,

apical :)

Guest deeja1030

yea im coming from york university...the american schools use the aadsas system to calculate the gpas for them....i was wondering if its a similar system w/i the canadian schools OR

if each school will calculate it differently according to THEIR conversion standards.

i think ill only be applying to western, UBC, manitoba and maybe uoft

thanks

Guest TabeshDDS

an A and A+ at york are both worth 4.0 at UofT. at the other schools, an A is worth 3.7 and an A+ is a 4. a B+ is a 3.3 and a B is a 3 at all of them.

Hope that helps ya. I was at York and am going to UofT next year, so i'm pretty sure that is the correct conversion.:hat

take care

the conversion tables are different for each school; for manitoba the converstion is A+=4.5 A=4.0 A-=3.7 etc.

At western the conversion is: (This is from sask, they use the same system, so I was told)

A+ = 93%

A = 88%

A- = 83%

B+ = 78%

B = 75%

B- = 73%

C+ = 68%

C = 65%

C- = 63%

D+ = 58%

D = 55%

D- = 53%

The UofC med scale may be a little different than what the dental schools (I'm not sure which schools though)use as I used it to calculate my gpa for sask and it turned out to be much different using the scale they sent me. Best thing to do is the email the schools individually

Archived