Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning guys :)

Excited that UBC med apps are just about nearing the end. It's crazy, every batch of applicants is slightly different. And every class has their own characters haha.

I've missed our site, couldn't have be happier to be here.

Is everyone else feeling the back-to-school-punch like I am? First week back is intense!

starting class on thursday and i'm feeling extremely nervous too.

i don't know, i met so many premeds today and i felt so.. stupid and boring next to them. like why would a med school be interested in me when there are all these other awesome people. :(

(low self-esteem moment, i'm sorry! i needed to vent somewhere. )

Starting my masters tomorrow, but I extremely anxious and depressed over my situation.

Applied to only my average to below average university and McGill (stupid me, right). Really was hoping to do the type of research one professor was doing at McGill. We spoke for nearly 8 months, too bad in June he told me he didn't have the funds to take me, something we warned me off back when I first contacted him. I felt ok in regards to coming back to my undergraduate university, but now in the past week, I've felt terrible. I'm not in love with the research I'll be doing, and I really had my hopes on going to a different (and better) university for my masters. As I said, stupid me I only applied to the two. Now I'm contemplating dropping out and reapplying this winter, but that would be leave me in bad standing with my current professor, who easily is my best reference, and not to mention I'd be abandoning the program right when it was about to begin, all of which wouldn't look good.

Then, I would have to wait another year to start a masters. At this point, I'm thinking I just need to fight through these feelings and get my masters done and in 2 years, move onto whatever.

Haven't felt this terrible in my life in some time....

starting class on thursday and i'm feeling extremely nervous too.

i don't know, i met so many premeds today and i felt so.. stupid and boring next to them. like why would a med school be interested in me when there are all these other awesome people. :(

(low self-esteem moment, i'm sorry! i needed to vent somewhere. )

Oh man I am right there with you - I feel so inferior it's ridiculous.

Archived