Premed 101 Forums

CARMS No Match Glitch?

Hi Folks:

I'm a spouse of a 4th year student. He didn't match this morning but when he phoned his school to speak to a counselor she seemed to think that he had matched from her list. He then got a text from a friend saying he also didn't match and while speaking with this couselor on the phone mentioned the friend's name as well and she seemed to think the friend also had matched. So did anyone else not match? Or has this type of glitch ever happened before? Obviously we are hoping he did actually match but this is brutal....

Any insight would be much appreciated

Hi Folks:

I'm a spouse of a 4th year student. He didn't match this morning but when he phoned his school to speak to a counselor she seemed to think that he had matched from her list. He then got a text from a friend saying he also didn't match and while speaking with this couselor on the phone mentioned the friend's name as well and she seemed to think the friend also had matched. So did anyone else not match? Or has this type of glitch ever happened before? Obviously we are hoping he did actually match but this is brutal....

Any insight would be much appreciated

MAJOR UPDATE: He actually matched to Internal!!! Apparently this has affected him and a colleague as well plus how many others????

Unreal.

Congratulations to your SO but that has got to be the biggest mindf* I can imagine.

Did that happen to other people?

We know it happened to at least one other person in his class and he spoke to a woman at CARMS who alluded to it being across the country but she was unable to say how many people it affected

Well I sure hope that's what happened to me... A glitch, but it's unlikely. Just received word from the PD that they decided against filling the Urology IMG spot this year. When I was visiting in Ottawa, one of the residents told me he didn't think there was enough flow to take one, so, maybe that's why. I think it's nice to have a PD who looks after his residents and make sure they receive optimal training.

Happened to me too. Went from being unmatched to matching to my first choice in a couple of hours.

Was it physically possible when my tears actually got air off of my face and hit my computer screen with force? Has this happened to anyone?

From out of the gutter to over the moon! What comedy!

So why did this happen? I hope the ranking system worked properly?

When a server gets as overloaded as this one did unpredictable things can happen. when it calmed down everything matched up with the masters lists that were sent out already to the schools. The match was fine but the reporting server was temporarily out of commission.

When a server gets as overloaded as this one did unpredictable things can happen. when it calmed down everything matched up with the masters lists that were sent out already to the schools. The match was fine but the reporting server was temporarily out of commission.

So when the reporting server is out of commission the default is to tell the applicants "regrets you did not match"?.

I don't think that is what went on. Out of my class of 30, 4 of us got the unmatched message and later learned we matched. 3 of us were in the same program and 1 was in a different program. All 4 of us were in programs that are brand new this year. I think there lies the glitch.

Still waiting for an apology or some sort of acknowledgement from CaRMS. I mean, I am not a spiteful person and it really did turn out okay for me. But I can't help but feel kind of violated. So mentally exhausting.

So when the reporting server is out of commission the default is to tell the applicants "regrets you did not match"?.

I don't think that is what went on. Out of my class of 30, 4 of us got the unmatched message and later learned we matched. 3 of us were in the same program and 1 was in a different program. All 4 of us were in programs that are brand new this year. I think there lies the glitch.

Still waiting for an apology or some sort of acknowledgement from CaRMS. I mean, I am not a spiteful person and it really did turn out okay for me. But I can't help but feel kind of violated. So mentally exhausting.

Update: Received an official apology from CaRMS in my inbox today. I honestly appreciated their acknowledgement of the stress it caused.

Archived